Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-01-2012

sad Help - End tag start tag issue when trying to open docx file on mac word

Can anyone help. I have a file i was working on which will not open and is giving end tag start tag error message location 2.
I have no idea how to fix it. I have read some info on zipping the file and saving as xml but have done this and when i try to open the xml there is another error message saying error on line 1 at column 1. Can anyone help. I have tried to open using text edit and have also tried changing the file to .rtf but nothing is working.

Thanks
C
Old 15-01-2012

Re: Help - End tag start tag issue when trying to open docx file on mac word

Give a look on the following thread and see whether it is help you out or not.

Can't open Word File because of end tag/start tag mismatch error...

If still issue did not seems to resolve then contact technical support team to get further help.
Old 15-01-2012

I have read the thread and still am not sure what to do. I have attached the file which i zipped. If there is anything you could do it would be greatly appreciated
Old 16-01-2012

What you can do is, just change the extension of the file to zip within the Windows Explorer and then see for the file document.xml within the archive. You will have to fix this file manually. If you are having some knowledge of xml then you will be able to do this.
Old 16-01-2012

I have no xml knowledge. Can anyone help using the attachements which i have provided?

Thanks
Old 17-01-2012

What is the exact error message you are getting, can you please elaborate it in details? There is a FixIt solution created that should address this problem. You can go to the following KB article and it should give you the details about how you can correct these documents by following the link here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2528942

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,