Thread: Getting "Proxy server not found" error while connecting to Internet on Nokia 5800

Getting "Proxy server not found" error while connecting to Internet on Nokia 5800

I am using Nokia 5800 Symbian Smartphone from last 3 months without having any issue but recently when I have updated my contract with virgin to get internet on my phone and I also have received internet and MMS setting from virgin and I have saved this setting as a default on my phone but now when I try to connect to the internet with the setting then it says the Proxy server not found and sometimes it says packet data connection not available, now I unable to access internet as I used to get charge for it, if anyone knows what should I check and what setting I need to get access to the internet then please help me.

re: Getting "Proxy server not found" error while connecting to Internet on Nokia 5800

If you are unable to connect the packet internet on your Nokia N8 phone then I think you should try this solution first go to menu and select tools > setting > connection> packet data> and finally go to packet data connection change the packet data connection from ‘when needed’ to when available’ and select ok , I hope so this solution worked for you.

re: Getting "Proxy server not found" error while connecting to Internet on Nokia 5800

If you are getting the proxy server could not be found error when you are trying to access the internet then you can use this method just go to menu start the default browser then select option and go to setting and then go to access point and just make sure that this setting must be the same as your new access point

if you are getting the error packet data connection not available and you have contract packet internet with any service provider then you can try this setting
    first select menu key then select internet>web>options>setting>general>access point and finally select “always ask” from access point and select ok this solution has worked for me as I am also facing the same packet data issue I hope this will worked for you also.

I am not sure about this but you can try this setting when you are getting the packet data connection not available error just go to settings> connectivity>destination>internet and in internet select option and then choose delete, then delete all your access points , after that switch off your phone and remove your SIM and leave it for few minutes after this restart your phone and when you restart it you will get the service provider setting again just save it properly and then try to access the internet with this setting, I hope so this will worked for you.

If you are not able to access the internet on your Nokia 5800 having contract packet internet with virgin then I think you should first try with the factory reset on your phone and then try to access the internet and if still you are facing the error then you should contact your service provider as you said virgin try get the setting needed manually on your phone .

Re: Getting "Proxy server not found" error while connecting to Internet on Nokia 5800

I am using Nokia 5800 xpress music Smartphone and I have troubleshoot this similar error saying packet data connection not available , you just try this trouble shoot method
    First go to tools>setting> connection >APN control and see whether the connection restriction active or not , if it is active then press options and select deactivate restrictions , changing the restriction in APN control will solve this kind of error you just try this one it will definitely worked for you.