Thread: Unable to deactivate tone of phone speaker while using headphone on Nokia N8

Unable to deactivate tone of phone speaker while using headphone on Nokia N8

I have a Nokia N8 Symbian Smartphone phone which is 3 months old the phone having 12mp camera with xenon flash and HD quality video recording and also having great features like Wi-Fi ,GPS etc and the phone seems to be worked properly till now, but when I am using the headset and someone calls me or message me then I heard the tone in the headset as well as from the phone speaker it is really very frustrating for me , now I want to know is there any way to deactivate the tone of speaker phone so I can hear the tone only from the headset ,if yes then please help me.

Re: Unable to deactivate tone of phone speaker while using headphone on Nokia N8

If you are facing the problem of speaker phone when you connects the headphone then you can hear the sound from the headphone and also from the speaker then I think you should try with changing your profile to silent ,meeting or custom as when you change your profile to silent then you cannot hear the tone from your phone speaker when someone calls you or message you and you are able to hear the tone only from the headphone

Re: Unable to deactivate tone of phone speaker while using headphone on Nokia N8

If you have tried with changing the profile to silent and still facing the same problem then there is no other way in which you can deactivate the tone of your phone speaker and I think your problem is related with your headphone because most of the N8 original headphone having similar issue so you should try with using some other headphone.

First try to set the headset to default and see still you are hearing the tone from the speaker if yes then I think your headphone have not properly connect to the phone remove the headphone and connect it quickly if you are inserting the headphone slowly then your phone not detects it properly and you can hear the sound when someone calls you or message you

You first try with the factory reset on your phone and then try to see that still you are hearing the tone from the phone speaker while using the headphone if you still facing the problem then I think your N8 phone having some hardware fault either with your headphone or phone jack and if you are under warranty then you should send your phone back to the Nokia Care center .