Thread: Nokia C3-01 screen is appearing grey

Nokia C3-01 screen is appearing grey

I have been using Nokia C3-01 and I was not having any problem with the same till now but then I don’t know that what has went wrong with it suddenly, I have noticed that there is a grey screen to some part of the screen, I have contacted the vodaphone as I have bought it on the 24 month contract and they said that I will be charged for the same, I am very sure that there has not been any damage from my side and the screen itself was defective, is there anyone who can suggest me something by which I can get it repaired or I will have to simply get a new phone.

Re: Nokia C3-01 screen is appearing grey

I have been using Nokia C3-01 and I was not having any problem with the same till now but then I don’t know that what has went wrong with it suddenly, I have noticed that there is a grey screen to some part of the screen, I have contacted the vodaphone as I have bought it on the 24 month contract and they said that I will be charged for the same, I am very sure that there has not been any damage from my side and the screen itself was defective, is there anyone who can suggest me something by which I can get it repaired or I will have to simply get a new phone.
    I think that you should better contact the nokia service center for the same and see what they have to say about it, If you are able to convince them that the grey screen is not because of any physical damage then there are possibility that they might repair it. Just check it out and see if they agree or not, else you will have to get a new one.

I really don’t think that they will accept that the issue is because of the defective screen and all and if you will get it repaired from then they will charge you a sum to which you can add a bit more and get a new phone, so in sort I will say better go for a new phone as there are very less chance of getting it repaired. Hope that helps.

If you want to get t repaired at a low cost then you can try to get a Nokia C3-01 lcd screen and try to replace it you self or by someone who has knowledge regarding the same, it will cost you within $15 and you can get it easily from the ebay or Other store:

I don’t think that replacing the screen in that way will be a good idea because if you do so then you will void the warranty but then if you are at the end of the contract period then you can think about the same, just check it out and see what possible solution you can try.

I think that replacing will be a better idea if you really want to get it repaired, as far as the warranty is concerned the nokia service center won’t be doing it for free in any chance and I think that paying them for pretty much more than this will not be a better deal,I don’t think that you are left with other option than this or simply getting a new phone, anyways choice is yours. Best of luck.