Thread: How to turn off WLAN on Nokia 500

How to turn off WLAN on Nokia 500

I have recently switched to Nokia 500 from my Nokia x6 phone and the Nokia 500 was a great 3.2” Symbian Smartphone having capacitive touch screen along with 5mp camera but I am unable to turn off the WLAN on my Nokia 500 phone as the WLAN is always on the battery running down very fast ,I have set it with my home network but every time I try to disconnect the WLAN on the phone through the widget on screen it refreshes for few minutes and reconnects later by itself, what else I can do to conserve the battery life, if anyone knows how to turn off WLAN on this phone then please recommend me.

Re: How to turn off WLAN on Nokia 500

If you turn off WLAN on your phone using home screen widgets and after refreshing it reconnects again then this might be happening because of email ,if you have set up an email account on your phone then you should change the setting where it syncs at least set the scanning for every 30 minutes once you have set this setting then I think the WLAN on your phone is not constantly on.

I think you are unable to turn off WLAN because you have not closed the application that uses the WLAN and this application force the WLAN to reconnects it constantly just check on your phone which application is not disable and once you found just turn off that application and then try to turn off WLAN I think now you definitely able to do this.

I am not sure but I think you should try to set the home screen widgets to offline mode ,you can check this in your home screen whether there is some option like set the widget to offline mode and if you found some option then select it. but if you want to increase the battery life you should install the firmware update on your phone because firmware updates causes the better battery performance.

if you have tried with every solution and still not able to turn off the WLAN on your phone then it is possible that your handset may have some fault so I think you should contact to the Nokia service center they will assist you the way how to turn off WLAN on your phone and this is not possible then they will repair your handset regarding this issue.

If you are unable to turn off the WLAN then I think you can do the following things to maximize the battery performance on your phone :
    Turn off your GPS when you don’t need the GPS for navigation purpose or for geo-tagging of pictures and videos
    Turn off WLAN scanning when you are not searching for network
    Change your phone profile to offline mode when you are in no network area for a long period of time
    Turn off Bluetooth or IRDA when you are not using this connection to a headset or any other device