Thread: How to restore Nokia C6-01 with backup of Nokia X6

How to restore Nokia C6-01 with backup of Nokia X6

I was using Nokia X6 previously and I have also backed up all the data that where in x6 and now I am willing to restore the same data in my new Nokia C6-01, so I just wanted to know that how to do the same, should I use Ovi Sync for my calendar and contacts and then copy the other media files?? Or should I go for Phone Switch option?? I want to restore the data completely in my new phone so which will be the best method??

Re: How to restore Nokia C6-01 with backup of Nokia X6

I was using Nokia X6 previously and I have also backed up all the data that where in x6 and now I am willing to restore the same data in my new Nokia C6-01, so I just wanted to know that how to do the same, should I use Ovi Sync for my calendar and contacts and then copy the other media files?? Or should I go for Phone Switch option?? I want to restore the data completely in my new phone so which will be the best method??
    I had a similar case before and I think that Phone Switch option will be bets for the restoring process because with this method you don’t have to do anything manually and everything is done by the phone itself so you don’t have to worry about the same, if you want then you can go for the same without any doubts.

Yes the Phone Switch option will be a good idea even I had used the same for restoring the contacts and the message but then for the rest of the files I had used an usb cable as I just wanted to get some from the backup that I had made rather than getting everything, so even if you have to get selective files then you can try out the same method as of mine. Hope that helps.

I don’t think that the phone switching option will be a good choice and I am saying this because even I have used the same and I just wanted to share that all the files does not get transferred with the phone switching option and the files that get transferred sometimes goes in to the wrong folder and after that we will have to change them manually from the phone and that’s really irritating, I think that a better option will be using the Ovi Sync for your calendar and contacts and then copying the other media files.