Thread: No new message but new message sign flashes in Nokia 701

No new message but new message sign flashes in Nokia 701

Hi friends I am using Nokia 701 mobile phone and this mobile phone is very nice. From last few days I am facing problem with the messages. In my Nokia 701 mobile phone there is not new message in the inbox but on my mobile screen it shows that I have unread message. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: No new message but new message sign flashes in Nokia 701

Many times if our mobile phone receive any message in which It show “some text missing” after haft of the message and later on that message gets updated and then mobile phone shows as new message received and that is why I will suggest you that check your all the messages in the inbox and make sure that you have not left any message unread.

I think you are facing this problem because there might be unread message in SIM memory and if you want to solve this problem then you have to delete the message from the SIM memory and after deleting the message from SIM memory your problem will get solved. Try this solution and after that let me know.

If you want to delete the message from the SIM memory then you have to follow these steps. You have to first go to the main menu and after going in to the main menu you have to select messages option. In message option you have to tap on option and then you have to select view folders. Now select option and then tap on the SIM messages. Now check delete messages from there and after doing that your problem will get solved.

I hope after trying this solution you will not get message sign on the mobile screen. If you need any more help then let me know.

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by deleting all the messages from your mobile phone. First delete all the messages from your Nokia 701 mobile phone and after deleting that you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

In my Nokia 701 mobile phone I have deleted all the messages from the SIM card and after deleting all the messages from the SIM card also I was facing same problem. Now after that I have deleted all the messages from my Nokia 701 mobile phone and after doing that also I get same problem. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

As you have said that you are not able to solve this problem by trying above solution and that is why I would like to tell you that you should try to solve this problem by resetting your Nokia 701 mobile phone and after resetting your Nokia 701 mobile phone your problem will get solved.

I think that you will have to do the update of the firmware as the existing firmware seem to be corrupted. So if none of the solutions helps you then you can also try by updating the firmware.