Thread: Hp HDX16 Overheats while Playing Games

Hp HDX16 Overheats while Playing Games

As I have been using this laptop from past one year and had never issue of the overheating but from past few months I am noticing that whenever I am trying to play the games my laptop overheats and due to this it shuts down automatically. As specially I have been using this laptop for the gaming purpose, but now when I try to play the game on Hp HDX16 Overheats and does not respond.

So I would like to know what may be the reason for overheating of the laptop while playing the games. If anyone knowing about this just do let me know about this.

Re: Hp HDX16 Overheats while Playing Games

Yeh.. it happens due to not getting the proper ventilation for the inner hot air to flow, due to this system overheats and stops responding. So for this what you have to do is keep the laptop position in such a way that there is proper ventilation going in and out.

Doing this will let your laptop stop overheating and you will be able to play the games. as earlier I had the same issue of the laptop overheating and after knowing this I started to follow it and now I do not get overheating issue on my laptop.

To avoid my laptop to get overheated I use the laptop cooling fan for it. So my suggestion to you is that you should also try using the laptop cooling fan to avoid laptop getting overheated without interrupting your work.

If your laptop is getting overheated while playing the games then keep the laptop is such a way that it gets proper space for letting the hot air flow out. So for this try to keep the laptop on some small table or on any object that the air flow is proper. Or other you can do it is that try to open the back cover of the laptop. In that you will notice the heat sink, remove it out and paste the heat sink again with the thermal paste of the arctic silver.

NOTE: make sure that you have proper knowledge of this before you try yourself and if your laptop is in warranty period then do not try to open the back cover of the laptop, as it will void the warranty. So before performing to this procedure make note that you perform the above procedure after having proper idea.

I’m using the Targus chill hub XC for my laptop. using this I see that laptop does not get overheated and is working fine without getting the work interrupted.

I had the same issue of the laptop getting it overheated, but for this I have been using the cooling pad and it works fine. But whenever I try to use the laptop without the cooling pad the laptop overheated and after some time the laptop shuts down. So I would like to know what may be the exact reason for getting the laptop overheated. So does anyone from here have the idea about what may be the reason for this and what should I do to get the issue solved.

I had the same issue of the laptop getting it overheated, but for this I have been using the cooling pad and it works fine. But whenever I try to use the laptop without the cooling pad the laptop overheated and after some time the laptop shuts down. So I would like to know what may be the exact reason for getting the laptop overheated. So does anyone from here have the idea about what may be the reason for this and what should I do to get the issue solved.
    According to me what I feel is that if you are not able use the laptop without the cooling fan than what I feel is that the heat sink of your laptop might get damaged and have to replace the heat sink with the new one and also the fan assembly and the thermal paste. After replacing with the heat sink you should try to update the bios.

It is better you try to contact the HP care as doing this all yourself might damage the other internal parts, so rather trying yourself you should contact the HP support care for this. as it is better you get the issue solved from the genuine technician. And if the laptop covers the warranty period then it is better you contact them without trying yourself as it will void the warranty period.

This is why my HDX overheated up to 72 degrees celsius.
    After cleaning and new paste, is down to 40.
    h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Gaming-Reply-Only/Hp-HDX16-Overheating-Issues/td-p/409937/page/3