Thread: Panasonic DMC 3D1 Camera video file format cannot be edited

Panasonic DMC 3D1 Camera video file format cannot be edited

I have just bought Panasonic DMC 3D1 Camera and it has a unique shooting option. The camera contains twin lens which is design to capture 3D image and video I love this feature very much but the problem is that the3D video file is MPO format and this file format cannot be edited. I have searched all over internet but I haven’t find haven’t information on MPO file format.
    Panasonic DMC 3D1 Camera does include photo and video software with camera. In this software there is description of 2D editing but there is nothing mention about 3d video. So I just want to ask to you guys that can I edit and covert this MPO file format to MPEG4.

Re: Panasonic DMC 3D1 Camera video file format cannot be edited

Hi, MPO is usually associated with the image it is multiple picture object. This MPO file format is accept in photosuite in Creator 2012. Have no idea about the 3d MPO video file format.

Hey even I have 3D camera but not LUMIX 3D1 and I don’t use it much because there are many limitations and restrictions in this kind of 3D camera, according to me this 3D MPO file format is side by side file format and video wave in creator 2012 will work this side by side file format editing. Try creator 2012 whether it works for you if it works that buy it, you have 30 days return guarantee.

Thanks for your information and quick reply, I will try using creator 2012 hope it should work for me and I will let you know the result. And really appreciate for your information.

The 3D MPO video file format can be edit in photo fun studio editing software. The 3D photo in MPO format can be organized in photo fun studio edition 6.0 to 7.0 edition, there are many editions of photo fun studio but prefer latest edition that is 7.0. In photo fun studio images are left continuously copied in jpeg format and displayed in 2D. The latest edition of photo fun studio that is 7.0 edition is HD edition which can also organize 3D videos.

Yap, try using photo fun studio even I use this to organize my 3D videos if works well. The Panasonic 3d1 camera MPO is defines as motion picture original format and the editing software defines MPO as multi picture object format.

According to me your Panasonic DMC 3D1 camera must record video in MP4 or AVCHD file format at high definition and this MP4 and AVCHD works in creator 2012. My aiptek 3D camera takes MP4 videos and I can edit this video in creator 2012. The only way for you is to try in creator 2012 as there is other way to find that your 3D video file works or not.

Even I have Panasonic DMC 3D1 which I bought 2 weeks back and now I am regretting because I haven’t read any of reviews about this camera, now I checked Panasonic website for information I don’t find more, I even send various mail to Panasonic but they haven’t yet respond to me. For me this camera is not at all worth, the MPO file format seem to be new format so there are no editing software are available.

The Panasonic DMC 3D1 camera records 2D and 3D still image in JPEG file format and 2D motion picture in MP4 and AVCHD file format. And this camera records 3D MPO in original file format.

I use photo fun studio 7.0 edition and it is awesome it allows convert and edit most of all the file format. As above mention if your file format is JPEG, MP4, AVCHD you can covert and edit your video file. You can convert to any format also JPEG format.

You can convert your 3D MPO video format which is motion picture original format with the help of photo fun studio I have been doing this since I bought FujiFilm FinePix REAL 3D W3 camera. Panasonic DMC 3D1 camera cost is not much more than the Fujifilm W3 camera and Panasonic DMC 3D1 camera has great feature like my W3.