Thread: Blackberry not popular in US Smartphone market

Blackberry not popular in US Smartphone market

I was just browsing some web pages yesterday and I just ran across a article saying that blackberry has lost its grip from the us Smartphone market. Now it is being dominated by apple and android. Together they are occupying almost 82% of the market share and that’s surprising great, that’s what I can say here. so that’s what I want to say here. don’t know what can be the reasons behind the downfall of this great Smartphone, what do you all have to say about it? Any replies that you have for the same then do suggest me something on the same, lets have a interesting discussion on this, what say guys?

Re: Blackberry not popular in US Smartphone market

Quote Originally Posted by Python$ View Post
    I was just browsing some web pages yesterday and I just ran across a article saying that blackberry has lost its grip from the us Smartphone market. Now it is being dominated by apple and android. Together they are occupying almost 82% of the market share and that’s surprising great, that’s what I can say here. so that’s what I want to say here. don’t know what can be the reasons behind the downfall of this great Smartphone, what do you all have to say about it? Any replies that you have for the same then do suggest me something on the same, lets have a interesting discussion on this, what say guys?
    The first and the foremost reason for this is due to the no marketing of this Smartphone brand. No such aggressive marketing has been done by the blackberry people, look at the marketing done by the apple people they are still making ads for the iPhone 4 showing how it is better than the other phones. No such interesting applications can be found in blackberry the same old thing, no updates there as well. look at the time they took for the release of the OS7 update like it was released in the mid way of 2011. Well they should have released much earlier then that and if the company continues to move in such a snail speed rate then they will continue to be dominated by the other phone manufacturers.

First of all RIM hasn’t introduced any new phone in the market at all, while its competitors Samsung and apple have launched phones and if RIM people do not introduce anything in such a competitive market then it is going to cost them a lot that’s for sure.

I think they are loosing the market share because of the two main reasons well one of them is the App centric mind set. People today are looking for phones which can provide lots of app in their phone and that too at a very low price which blackberry fails to do the only phone that they have in a low price range is the curve series and even that is not much apopualr among the masses. With the OS 7 update we definitely hoped for new apps but many apps that are being supported in the ios and android were not being supported by OS7. So this is one main reason.

The other reason is that Touchscreen market, many of the phone today are coming up with the touchscreen models, blackberry did not introduce any new touchscreen models in the entire 2010 as well as the mid 2011. So that segment was entirely dominated by apple and android, that’s what contributed to the downfall of the android.

I don’t agree with you all since I have been a big fan of blackberry and hence I would like to have more such phones for me app does not matter at all. As far as the phone is performing well I don’t need to worry about anything at all. No kind of advertisements are needed for me I can search the internet and get information from there accordingly. Why should I rely on the other sources?

Apple has so beautifully demonstrated the uses of iOS 5 in their commercials and hence people are so much glued to it. That’s why apple is something that people dream to have it, yes blackberry was once such phone that people used to but no longer now. RIM's dull "FLASH" advertisements for the playbook and also RIM's complete lack of OS7 advertising hit them considerably. Plus the recent service hit of RIM people have caused further loss to the company.

Security is the main factor why people are trusting blackberry. Frankly speaking I don’t trust android or apple in the terms of security at all. I don’t understand if security is the main factor for blackberry phone then why don’t rim people concentrate on that?

Yes that’s where I was coming to, today people don’t want security they just want new apps in their phones and that’s it. All they need is angry birds or one or 2 game here and there. That’s all they want. Who cares about the security of the phone? Isn’t it people?

Blackberry can definitely get into the market if they interact a lot with the people and assure people that they are in the market and these are the services that they are offering. After all customer is the king and if you don’t please them nothing will happen at all. Do the marketing properly , apple is successful today because it markets WHAT it's product can do. It does not go out of box at all, if we take an example of the playbook then I am quite sure that a user might not be knowing half of its features but if the same person is having a iPhone he will be knowing its maximum features for sure. Because he has seen that in the commercials.