Thread: Will PS3 to Mobile Hotspot connection effective to handle online gaming?

Will PS3 to Mobile Hotspot connection effective to handle online gaming?

Last few month i used blackberry bold 9900 smartphone and yesterday, i upgraded it to the blackberry OS 7.1. I used PC broadband internet connection on my mobile phone for surfing internet site. Same thing i applied with the blackberry playbook. Now i want to establish the connection within the PS3 and the mobile hotspot. I want to use this PS3 for online gaming. Is such connection effective or may be possible for online gaming or not?? I need some information about this issue. Thanks for any such information.

Re: Will PS3 to Mobile Hotspot connection effective to handle online gaming?

I can't confirm this myself as I haven't tried it, but I hear that such kind of options is being available on the iOS and Android mobile and tablet os versions. There is possibility with the iOS and the android phone to access such mobile hotspot connection with the PlayStation 3. They are well connected and makes an effective impact for playing the online games. Hence if you have such type of OS based phones or tablet, then its better for you.

Online gaming with the mobile hotspot is being not so good idea. Most of the time, such wireless or wi-fi mobile hotspot connection has been broken. we can't confirm that the connection is being continuously provided and there is not any speed reducing happen on it. Hence You can use the PC for online gaming and don't try to use connection with the PS3 for online gaming. for speed point of view, its really harmful for such things.

As per my own knowledge, the PS3 does not support ad-hoc Wifi networks, which would probably be the default on a mobile hotspot. Hence i don't think that there is any such kind of PS3 to the mobile hotspot connections is being possible on it. Only one possibility is that the PlayStation 3 expects to connect only to Wi-fi networks in infrastructure mode instead of ad-hoc. Its even better for you. Hence go with such connection and infrastructure mode. Its better for you.

If you made such kind of connection between the PlayStation 3 and the mobile hotspot using blackberry phone or tablet, might be possible that you can use it for online gaming. BUt yes, it not so effective. There are many such online games provide that will only play with the high configuration based system and high speed necessary for running it properly. Hence i don't think that its so effective even possible.