Thread: Cannot update the firmware of Samsung galaxy y GT-S5360

Cannot update the firmware of Samsung galaxy y GT-S5360

I want to update the firmware of my new phone and I am not able to update it. Actually kies is showing android 2.3.5 as the new update but the issue is that I am not able to download it at all. I am really confused as if what can be the issue. Can you all please update me as if what could have gone wrong, I am a newbie to this and seeking help. So it would be better if you can guide me through this said problem, that would be grateful for me.

Do reply guys on what can be done over here. I am waiting for your response.

Re: Cannot update the firmware of Samsung galaxy y GT-S5360

It is an issue related to the sd card which I think Samsung people are working on. I think it will get fixed up soon, don’t worry about it. Till that time you can look for more features in the phone since its your new phone do check out the other features as well. Don’t just look out for the updates. Your phone will run very well with the existing firmware that you are having.

Might be kies is the culprit over here, may be it is getting hanged while you enquire for the updates. I have a interesting remedy for this what you have to do is go to the kies option and uncheck a particular value called as ‘let kies reside on PC's memory or RAM’, with this I cant guarantee that it will start downloading but definitely the performance of kies will be improved for sure, I don’t think so there would be any hindrance for giving a try to this particular solution.

The downloading issue seems to be have been fixed this is what has been said by some of my friends who are also using the same Samsung galaxy y, initially there were issues reporting like Unexpected SD card errors during the downloading of the firmware but now it has been solved, so I would ask you to just reconnect to the kies and start with the downloading process again and then see if it is working well or not. Whats the harm in giving a try?

All the best dude!