Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Poor screen replacement (HTC Desire HD)

Portable Devices

Old 11-01-2012

Poor screen replacement (HTC Desire HD)

Hi Guys hope you can help with a few technical issues

Just had my screen replaced (just the outer glass cost £60) and the guy said that they had to replace the sensor as well (the one at the top of the screen that controls the backlight for the home, menu… buttons).

Now the back light for the buttons does not work so I went back to the shop and they said that it wouldn’t due to the screen they used!!!!!!!

I tried to remain calm and said that that should have been explained before the work was carried out now he wants a further £90 to take a screen off another phone and put it on mine to make the sensor work…..

Does this mean he used a substandard screen and the sensor should work no matter what screen they used where do I stand legally?

thanks

Steve

Old 12-01-2012

re: Poor screen replacement (HTC Desire HD)

In your case i guess the sensors are near the headphones, i think there might be 2 sensors. so while replacing the screen for your phone it is but obvious that you will have to change the sensors as well.

Now its the responsibility of the shop guy where you took the cell to provide a good quality screen. Since they havent used you are forced to replace the screen again, so its the mistake of the shopkeeper who did not gave you the proper frame. So it is always advisable to take it to the proper service center to do such kind of maintenance work.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,