Thread: How to quit the Pandora application on Motorola Xoom 2?

How to quit the Pandora application on Motorola Xoom 2?

Hey, I have just started using Pandora application on my Motorola Xoom 2, but I am not able to quit the application from menu. If you know please tell me the way to quit this application!

Re: How to quit the Pandora application on Motorola Xoom 2?

Yes, it is actually a bad design I would say! There is no quit button available to close this application. you need to click back button present at the lower left side. But sometime it doesn’t close exactly at that time you will need to exit it by using the following method:
    1. Go to the settings then applications
    2. Select the option “Manage application”
    3. Here search “pandora” from the list and then click “force close” to shut down this application.

Yes, I am getting the same problem with this application. I tried closing this application by clicking the “back” button. But it still remains in a contact with wi-fi network. Then I have to force close it from the settings. Sometimes if I try to close the phone it also blacks out! In such a case i have to stop the complete process and then re-start the application to start the process.

Guys, there is a new update available for this application! This solves the problem of not being able to exit the application.it has the "quit" button facility now provided. I have already tested the application by starting and exiting it couple of times. I didn’t see any issue with this application now!

Who says, the problem is solved. I also tried this, even when you close the application, it is seen running there in the background. If you want to check then go to the "settings" and select the "applications". Now go to the “manage application” and “select the all running services”. You will see the Pandora process running there.If you have Bluetooth on then you will also see the Pandora Bluetooth service running especially if you are connected to bluetooth device.

It seemed that if you are using Bluetooth pairing to use Pandora like for playing music through the headphones and then if you try to quit the application it doesn’t exit, because it has Bluetooth service still running. This service is running in background.You will need to disconnect the paired device in order to stop or close this process.