Thread: How to Installing Office for Mac 2011 without DVD-ROM drive

How to Installing Office for Mac 2011 without DVD-ROM drive

Hi guys .

I need help on this. I dint thought this trough. Now I have bought the Office for Mac 2011 to installed on my MacBook AIR which don’t have DVD-ROM drive . Please someone tell me how to install the Microsoft Office 2011 on MacBook Air. I would be really appreciating this.

Thanks in advance

Re: How to Installing Office for Mac 2011 without DVD-ROM drive

I can recommend you few option hope it would help you

1. Purchase outside DVD drive that can be used in MacBook air
    2. Make use of the cd/dvd drive from the other computer to put in the program. In case you pick to make use of DVD rom drive on a computer and you may have to put in macdrive as well.
    3. Last but not the least Contact Microsoft & make certain in the event that they be able to offer you any additional option.

nice luck

I gets my copy of Microsoft Office at Stapes. They take some different version, and in any case one of them was on deal some days ago and maybe still is. They don't have a extremely big Mac section, however they did have MS Office as well as Photoshop Elements which was as well on sale last week. I presume I would like to have a disc on hand as an simple backup if I have to reinstall. That said, that simply works if you bought the External DVD Superdrive.

you can only use apple superdrive? , I have got a samsung outside DVD burner, and I have used it to put in stuff on my MBA with nary a single issue. Already had it, so I never bothered purchasing a superdrive., looks like I had won the lottery and didn't even know it-until now.

Apple need you to make use of the App Store since you have no DVD drive. They also need you to buy iWork so MS office - the worlds most popular office suite - is not on the app store. However, in Iworks defence, you can buy individual apps so in the event you dont use their powerpoint buy word and excel.

As far as I am aware Microsoft have not submitted office to the app store. Your post implies that Microsoft has and that Apple rejected it. Apple can not put office on the app store without Microsoft's approval. I am certain that apple would love to take the 30% they would take from Microsoft if office were on the App Store. Before you buy MS office though, download and try Open Office. Its free and as lovely

I can verify that the its works perfectly in the event you have the knowhow you are comfortable with it. One time you need to double clicked the iso file it will take it like a standard dmg file. I work for a company who give remote assistance support and this was the mainly successful answer I have found thanks

I have just download the demo of the version that you require straight from Microsoft. The demo is great for 30 days working . Then shop around plus buy it from the lowest priced store. Once you receive the program plug in the program key in to the demo to change it over to a registered version.

I used a different Mac to copy the installer as of the dvd to a flash drive after that copied the installer file too the flash drive to the MacBook Air. It is in smaller amount than a gig.I ran the installer on the MacBook Air and it installed Office 2011 without a hitch. Then I erase the install file off of the MacBook Air to save space. No issue.

I am also having trouble trying to put Microsoft office 2011 onto my MacBook air. Following the advice, how do you generate and .iso file??? i am trying to save it on my computer to then download from a usb onto my MacBook air which i was advised to do my Microsoft help .surely it must be simpler than all this???