Thread: How to download and install applications outside the Android Market in Samsung Galaxy Y.

Arrow How to download and install applications outside the Android Market in Samsung Galaxy Y.

I am using Samsung galaxy Y from one month. It works fine for me. I want to download the application from outside the Android market. Does it support this? If this phone supports outside android market applications then how to download install applications outside the Android Market in Samsung Galaxy Y? Advice would be very welcome please.

Re: How to download and install applications outside the Android Market in Samsung Galaxy Y.

Yes, this is supported by the Samsung Galaxy Y. You can download and install application outside the market. There is no need to root the phone for downloading and installing the application outside the android market. For downloading the applications outside android market, go to applications and select “Allow downloads from sources aside from market” after this setting you are able to download the applications outside the android market.

Re: How to download and install applications outside the Android Market in Samsung Galaxy Y.

For downloading installation of the application outside the market follow the steps:-
    • Install the File Manager
    • Copy .apk file to SD memory card
    • Install .apk file
    Browsing the data from the sd card is not supported so download the file manager from android market. I am using ASTRO File Manager in my mobile. In android market there are several file manager applications are available. I recommend you ASTRO File Manager. After the installation of file manager, Using USB cable connects your mobile to your computer. Mount your SD memory card and copy the .apk file of the required application. Then using ASTRO File Manager navigate to the .apk file on your Samsung galaxy Y. then a dialog box will be open this dialog box will allow you to install the application. Then select “Open App Manger” then press “install” on the both the pages to install your application.

Here is an easy method to install application outside the Android market. Install Dropbox application from android market. This is very useful application. Paste the .apk file to Dropbox folder. Then download the .apk file. After synchronization open the Dropbox application from your phone. Navigate the the folder in which .apk file is located. This application will download the .apk file.

I am using Samsung Galaxy Y from two days. This is my first android phone. I have very less idea about it. I am totally new for Android phones. Please help me I want to download and install application outside the Android market. Please provide me a simple way to do so. Any more is also appreciated.

In Android market most of the useful applications aren’t available. You can download these applications from internet.
    • Search the non-Android market application.
    • Verify the format of the application.
    • From your phone download the .apk file.
    • For installation of non-Android market application configures your phone.
    • Download an Android File Manger application and install it on your mobile
    • Install new application.

Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it. Now I am able to download applications outside android market. I have downloaded several applications outside android market. These applications works fine for me. You can also download applications outside the android market. There are several applications are available for download.