Thread: Getting OBEX error after connecting Samsung galaxy y with KIES

Getting OBEX error after connecting Samsung galaxy y with KIES

Hello friends I am facing problem while using Samsung galaxy y mobile phone with Samsung KIES. In my computer I have windows 7 operating system and I have installed KIES. Whenever I connect my Samsung galaxy y mobile phone with my PC and then when try to open contacts at that time it gives OBEX error. Please tell me how to solve this problem?

Re: Getting OBEX error after connecting Samsung galaxy y with KIES

I am aware of this problem. I have searched on the internet regarding this problem I came to know that many Samsung galaxy y users are facing same issue with KIES. If you want to get rid of this problem then you have to download Samsung KIES 2.1.0.11112 41 7 and then install it and after doing that your problem will get solved. I am telling you this because there many users who are using older version of KIES and have solved this problem by installing Samsung KIES 2.1.0.11112 41 7.

If you want to download KIES 2.1.0.11112 41 7 then you can download it from the official site of the Samsung. I hope this information will be helpful for you. If you need any more help then let me know.

Yes I totally agree with above reply. even with my mobile phone same problem was occurred and after that I have installed new version of KIES in my laptop and after installing that when I connected my device with my laptop at that time I didn’t get any problem. You should also try this solution and then your problem will get solved.

If you are using newer version of the KIES in your computer and after that also if you are getting same problem then you have to try to connect your Samsung galaxy y mobile phone with different USB port and after connecting the mobile phone with different USB port you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

I have downloaded latest KIES from the Samsung official site and then I have installed that in my computer and after installing that in my computer when I connected my Samsung galaxy y mobile phone with KIES at that time I didn’t get any problem but sometimes my mobile phone lost connection with my PC randomly.

I have tried different USB port but it does not make any difference. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

This type of problem occurs when there are power options for USB are enabled in your system. I will suggest you to first check whether USB power options are disabled or not. If USB power options are not disabled then you have to first disable that and after disabling that when you connect your Samsung galaxy y mobile phone with your PC at that time you will not face problem.

To disable USB power option in your computer you have to perform following steps.

• First you have to open device manger in your PC.
    • Expand USB controller.
    • Right click on the USB root hub
    • Select properties and then choose power management TAB.
    • After that uncheck the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power“ option and then click on OK.
    • After doing that you have to disconnect your mobile phone from USB port and connect it again and then see what the result is.

If you are USB any USB hub then I will suggest you don’t use that and connect your device directly with USB port. You have to also try different USB data cable with your mobile phone because many times due to data cable also this type of problem can take place.