Thread: Can sony ericsson xperia arc s play 1080p video file?

Can sony ericsson xperia arc s play 1080p video file?

So far I just know that sony ericsson xperia arc s can play files of 720p at its maximum. But yesterday one of my friend said that I tried to play 1080p video file and guess what, he successfully played it. I was quite shocked and surprised and I did not believe him till the end. But later on he literally showed me his mobile phone and played a video file of 1080p resolution in his player. Now I am totally confused, how could this be possible if it’s been officially mentioned that arc s mobile phone can support only video file at the maximum range of 720p. Is there anyone who tried the same and got the positive result?

Re: Can sony ericsson xperia arc s play 1080p video file?

Hey I use to believe that there was only a limitation of 720p video file support in arc s and because of this reason I never tried to play any higher resolution video files in my player. But after reading your post, I just gave a try to the idea and I was surprised to see that my phone actually supported 1080p video file.
    Seriously, later on I played huge number of video of the same resolution the whole day and thoroughly enjoyed watching them. Sony ericsson rocks, at last they committed a mistake which in turn gave the benefit to the customers.

However it’s not true. I tried the same then why doesn’t it supporting my phone. As said it’s clearly mentioned that this phone supports at max 720p video then how it is possible to play such higher resolution file on this phone. I don’t believe you people. And even if it’s a fact then what could be the problem with my phone. After all we all have the same model and same phone of the same company. If sony ericsson has committed a mistake then definitely the impact should be observed in all phones.

Even I tried and it successfully worked in my phone. It should definitely work in yours too. Maybe there is something wrong in your phone or maybe you are trying to play the wrong format or trying to play the video file that is higher than the expected pixel. Just read this information hope so it will help you.

Content: 1080p mp4
    Data: x264 4000Kbps/ aac128kbps

The phone can play any format but as per the phone’s limitations the restriction for the video file is max 720p. But as everyone says that it supports more than the expected resolution, it’s just because those 1080p video file are being played on some other player and not on the default player of arc s. The default player can’t play the files of 1080p resolution and also the size should not exceed more than 2 GB.

So you mean to say that not only the video files of 1080p but also the video file size of above 2 GB are unsupported by the default player which are present in the xperia arc s. anyways can anyone tell me then which player is the best one to support those video file which are unsupported by the default player? As I never download any external application and also I never visited any site, I don’t know what and where exactly should I go to get any software of application. Please help.

There is no such requirement for your higher resolution video files to be played in the player, but do remember to download the video player from android market only (whichever you like). No need to worry android market will suggest you with the best one that would most probably support any videos.

If you are really clueless then my personal suggestion would be MX player pro. Heard that, in most of the arc s mobile phones this player made the 1080p video file supportable.