Thread: How to get android icecream sandwich on samsung galaxy y

How to get android icecream sandwich on samsung galaxy y

Hello friends, i wanted to have the android latest operating system icecream sandwich on the phone, so does anyone know the method to get it on phone. I really wanted to have it on the phone, so please help me. Thank you.

Re: How to get android icecream sandwich on samsung galaxy y

No my friend you can't get the Icecream sandwich on it, if you try to get the Honeycomb then also you will be not able to do it. If the kernel source is been released then you will be able to get the Hoenycomb. But for Icecream Sandwich it not possible to do it and if there is any kernel source release for it then you might be need a huge ROM to get on the phone. I have heard that the ICS need minimum 512 ROM and even a very good processor to run it. Whereas ROM of the Galaxy Y is 512, so it however not possible to have it on the phone. Even LG Optimus One (P500) is not been suitable to get the operating system on the phone. So the Galaxy Y is much far away from it. If it can be ported then it is very difficult to do and it hang the phone most.

I have seen that it is been working in the HTC HD2, it is been ported in it and working very much fine and also better. I think that in future you might be able to get on Galaxy y so you have to get it. But for the time been it is not at all possible to port on the phone, so you better keep on using the gingerbread.

I have seen the HTC Honey is the first phone which is having the Honeycomb operating system, so there are also couple more phone coming with the Honeycomb. I wanted to tell that the HTC HD2 was been released in 2009 and it is getting the ICS now on it. So if you see the devs team of the HTC there are very much expert in this. If the Kernel source is been released for the Galaxy Y then it will be very difficult to ported due to the hardware of the phone. So there should be a huge and expert devs team which is required to do the porting on a ROM, ICS requires the 512mb ROM, so in any case it is very difficult to do and i do not think that it will be available for the Galaxy Y.

I really doubt about it that Galaxy Y will be having the Custom ROM, so in any case it is not possible to have the ICS and the developer team will not try to do it. The developer team will looking to have it on the big phone like Samsung Galaxy S2, so the Y is very much behind prize and also everything. So there is no hope to get it.

It is not possible to have the Ice Cream Sandwich and you have to use the Gingerbread which is the stock and you will be getting the updates of that OS so you better do it.