Thread: Unable to handle resolution more than 1280*720 in Sony ericsson xperia arc s

Unable to handle resolution more than 1280*720 in Sony ericsson xperia arc s

Is there any one facing limitations in the gallery or the device of Sony Ericsson Xperia arc s? I have this phone and I am facing a problem while viewing picture from my stock gallery. Whenever I click to view any image click by my phone’s camera or any other wallpaper the view is neat and clean. After zooming the image by one pinch it either zoom the picture with clear view or else gives a blurred view. The picture gets distorted. Most of the high resolution images show up this problem. Is there any limitation with the camera resolution of this phone itself? As far as I know this phone support images of very high resolution, then why this problem occur when I zoom the image at high resolution?

Re: Unable to handle resolution more than 1280*720 in Sony ericsson xperia arc s

No I don’t think Sony Ericsson Xperia arc s can’t handle images with high resolution 1280*720. In fact I have images with resolution 2448*3264 clicked by its own camera. Those pictures never blurred whenever I tried to zoom them.
    I also have other pictures downloaded from internet that have 1400*900 resolutions. None of the images in my phone gets blurred or distorted.

Re: Unable to handle resolution more than 1280*720 in Sony ericsson xperia arc s

Even I am the one who is having the same problem, my images gets deformed or looks foggy whenever I zoom at the minimal rate i.e. 2x. Once I tried this with an image of size 3888x2592, it looked clear and good when seen with a normal view. But later on I just zoomed it with just one pinch, I mean I did a normal zoom (2x) with an intention that I would be able to see each and every specified things clearly in the picture but the scenario was different, I couldn’t see anything. I am not getting if it’s a normal behavior of sony ericsson arc s then what is the use of such a huge display provided to this handset. Such a high class phone can’t even support 1280*720 resolution pictures.

It’s been simply great using this phone. I have been enjoying the pictures and image quality of any resolution. It’s not that I didn’t face this problem, initially even I had problem with the images while zooming.
    In fact I noticed that only pictures with wallpaper resolution 960*854 were able to zoom without any distortion. My problem was solved when I installed 0.58 firmware. Earlier I had 0.42 firmware with OS version of 2.3.4. But later on when I installed 0.58 firmware all my problems were solved.

I know, in most of the phone this problem is common. There are tons of images and pictures all over with different resolutions. So might be amongst them few may not support your phone, and I don’t think it’s a big issue of one or two pictures distorts while zooming.
    This happens in most of the mobile phones, whenever we try to open a image, it opens quickly but takes a long time to load completely and to make the picture clear. This image is blurred and unclear until it is loaded fully. But the end result of opening this image is always positive. Possibly you try it out in your phone maybe your phone too takes a long time to load due to which the images looks blurred.

No I don’t think loading is the problem. Especially phone like this should never have such problem due to their strong hardware and software presence. I think the problem is with the gallery which opens the image or else the device. Problem with the device is least possible but I majorly doubt the gallery. Even if there is any problem in the gallery, is there any other application which can replace the image viewer and improve the quality of the image or sort out the problem?

If waiting doesn’t helps in loading the images with clear quality then definitely the problem with the stock gallery. In place of stock gallery I can recommend you quickpic application which you can get it from android market. It’s a best photo gallery to view and browse pictures in android phones. As compare to you stock gallery it’s faster and clear with respect to picture quality. It has a high speed in browsing tons of pictures. It can also find all the pictures quickly and more efficiently, it can also protect you image gallery by keeping it secure using password.

Quickpic is also a good option, but you view the earlier post you can come to know that many people have sorted the problem by just updating the firmware. I guess according to the default firmware installed in sony ericsson xperia arc s is 0.42. And the problem can be solved after installing 0.58 firmware. Just try it and let me know the status.