Thread: Is it possible to change or create new iCloud email without creating a new Apple ID

Is it possible to change or create new iCloud email without creating a new Apple ID

I entered a take a look at address when putting in iCloud, however currently cannot decide a way to modification this to the e-mail i'd like with the @me.com ending. Any ideas? Is it attainable while not making a brand new Apple ID? will anyone here will tell me the steps for that i'd be extremely glad notice something on this

Thanks in advance

Re: Is it possible to change or create new iCloud email without creating a new Apple ID

I am wondering if the iCloud service is connected to your AppleID or to a different account (i.e. former MobileMe)? the rationale why i'm asking is , my brother and that i share an AppleID, that we tend to use to buy apps and music. Those purchases are shared by each people. thus if she buys a brand new Bruno Mars song, I will manually sync it to my library also. If I get Angry Birds, she will be able to play it too. However, we've got separate MobileMe accounts, that we tend to are using to sync our individual addresses and calendars to our personal devices . If iCloud is using the AppleID , that might mean we tend to either have to be compelled to share an address book and calendar OR we've got to induce a second AppleID and re-purchase all apps for her to use. Also, within the latter case, we might have to be compelled to pay twice for iTunes Match, even supposing we tend to are using a similar ripped CDs we tend to purchased a short time back.

Re: Is it possible to change or create new iCloud email without creating a new Apple ID

One Apple ID is for my family to shop for apps and music across our devices. however I even have a MobileMe account that's used to sync calendars and contacts to any or all my workers on mine and their iphones strictly for business functions. My wife and youngsters do not would like nor wish all my workplace contacts and calendars on their devices whereas my workers don't need all the apps we've purchased as a family on their iPhone. My head too is spinning attempting to work out how this can be all aiming to work. and i do not wish to own automatically pushed to my iPhone the gazillion stupid free games my children have placed on their iPods only once or another. gazing past purchases with the new IOS 5 it's superb what number they need downloaded. i do know we are aiming to have to be compelled to wait and see however it's driving me crazy how i'm going to keep this operating.

Create a free email account, like GoogleMail or Yahoo, and use that when making the Apple ID. you wish an external email address for them to contact you. as an example, one thing goes wrong along with your payment otherwise you ought to get a reset password sent to you, and thus your account's not operating. In that state of affairs they cannot contact you on your @me.com address, in order that they would like another.

That's what i used to be attempting to avoid. iCloud is free. Why check in to another 'competitor' service simply to induce an iCloud account? appears this can be a locality where iCloud check in may well be enhanced.

Not sure how this works on OS X, however on a brand new IOS five device , attend Settings & iCloud, and you'll setup a brand new me.com address that becomes your Apple ID, no pre-existing email address needed.

may be 'set-up an email alias' and simply use that's a Brower device solution, however syncing with windows outlook set-up sooo easy i will currently solely send via primary email address terribly frustrating. cannot believe there's not an easy solution/edit for this! i used to be checking availability for my children and am currently stuck with my daughter’s name as a primary email!!

It appears to me there are 2 problems here. There are people who wish to alter the name on our iCloud email address Then there are people who incorrectly input their new Apple id. As I perceive from all the responses you'll modification your iCloud email address however you need to modification your apple id. you'll modification your apple id by aiming to the web site. I for one do not perceive why our id should be an email address. I perceive the requirement for it to be linked to a legitimate address however why should the id name really be an email address. Not connected simply a comment.

I was facing a similar issue. i used to be able to resolve it by aiming to Settings > iCloud. At the terribly bottom, there's an choice to 'Delete Account'. It sounds far more dire than it extremely is. It merely breaks the reference to your device and also the iCloud started for that email. Delete Account, then head into Settings > iCloud. you may be prompted to enter new data, and your drawback ought to be solved.

I would hate to own similar copies of apps for my wife to use on a separate Apple ID. nonetheless i do not wish our calendars, contacts and mail to be merged. Hopefully a continuation of the MobileMe "split access" multiple users will be established among the iCloud system. I.E. have one Apple ID however acknowledge separate accounts underneath that ID

I sadly had a typo when coming into my email address and when being unable to delete the account tried to register the typo account. sadly the typo account is already assigned to somebody. currently I even have my iCloud account link to a mail account that's not mine and that i don't have any means of fixing these details. terribly frustrating. Any concepts a way to modification the email?