Thread: How can I remove bloatware from Motorola xoom?

How can I remove bloatware from Motorola xoom?

I have done with the uninstallation of the Twonky Mobile as of the marketplace but it is still asking me for installing the updates. I am not able to understand that how can I takeout this bloatware . If you can provide me some help with this then I will be thankful to all of you.

Re: How can I remove bloatware from Motorola xoom?

I would like to tell you that it is not possible to remove the bloatware. This is an system application and the android will not allow you to remove any of the system applications from any of the devices. If you want to do that then you must have the root access your phone but for that, you must have a good knowledge about rooting. The new ICS, which is coming might have capability to disable this but you will not be able to remove that.

I also agree with that the it is not possible to uninstall Twonky from the device right now a nd there is the same problem with the Xoom FE but if you want to stop those messages then you can do that simply with the help of the below settings.

Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Twonky > Launch by Default > Clear Defaults

After clearing this, you will not get those messages again. I hope that this will be helpful to you. If you face any further problem with this then please let me know about that. I will tell you some way to troubleshoot the issue.

If you want then you can also try by uninstalling the updates from the menu which is mentioned above. Once you do that and open the Twonky then iy will show you the message which ask you to Download Twonky Mobile and this indicate that the app is not installed and the thing you are getting on your phone is just an icon.

I am not able to understand that why you are trying to remove that. This is the default app and very useful. This makes no sense that you remove that. I cant find any reason to do this but if you wish to do this then there is only one option for you and that is to root the phone.

There is no need to remove that. If you dont like that then simply dont use that. If you try to do this by rooting the phone then you will not only lose the warranty for this but there will be chances to lose your phone as well.