Thread: iTune takes a long time to load a movie on Apple TV

iTune takes a long time to load a movie on Apple TV

I promise I would never purchase another movie from iTune. It take so long time to load a movie that within that course of time I can go out, buy the DVD of the same movie which is being loaded on iTune and get back to my home, and guess what the movie is still loading.
    How can apple make such a least appreciated product? I have been a genuine customer of Apple from last 10 year and I never came across any of the apple’s product which disappoints me. That’s the reason I always chose apple as my first preference. But this one has really annoyed me a lot. Would never plan to buy an apple product anymore.

re: iTune takes a long time to load a movie on Apple TV

You may rant over iTune. But according to me it is the best product made by apple. I love watching TV shows and music from iTune but when it comes to movie I would better prefer a physical DVD bought from outside or somewhere else. I personally get the movies from Amazon Prime; the DVD is delivered within 2 day. I also use to rent it from Netflix but the problem was that it takes almost 18 hours to receive the movie in my mailbox. In short I am suggesting you to just go for some other source to watch movies rather than waiting for your movie to load on iTune.

I don’t understand what’s their to blame the other products of Apple that too the future products. How can you say that the products made by apple in future are not going to work out? Just because you are unable to download your movie from iTune I don’t think you should blame all other apple products. May be because of your slow DLS service your downloading speed is affected. And I also don’t believe that you have to wait for the movie to download to watch it.

I never told that I have problem with the downloading. I hope you know that whenever we go on to watch a movie on thought a DVD player the movie first loads and then plays. The same way whenever I am suppose to watch any movie from my iTune library through my Apple TV, the starts loading as always but this loading process takes almost an hour or two hour to load fully. I can’t even play the movie while it is loading other then fast forwarding or rewinding it. Everything is allowed except for playing it. Is there any problem with the system?

To watch a movie or to start a movie from your local iTune the loading time should not exceed 5 min. but in your case as you said it takes almost 2 hour which is very much unexpected.
    There may be several reasons for this issue. But according to me I think there maybe problems with the Local Area Network, not sure but there could be chance of this problem. Then other one could be that you use WiFi through the same channel which everyone else shares near around you. Then the last and the common reason could be a hardware defect in your Apple TV or computer. I know Apple is the most appreciated brand but after all even it’s an electronic device and electronic devices are bound to get repair at some point.

I believe if the problem is in watching the movie from your itune library then definitely the main problem is lies in you sharing, I mean in your both Apple TV and Pc the “Home Sharing” options must be turned on. Usually there should no problem in starting a movie from you iTune to stream directly to you apple TV.

I load my movies from itune to my apple TV without any issues. In your case this can be due to the network conjunction problem. Just try to change the priority of the ports connected to the router to high if your Apple TV is connected via wires. And if you are using a wireless connection then look at it that you setup is perfect and correct. Turn off UPNP and perhaps enable Wireless Multimedia Extension (WME) Quality of Service (QOS).

It’s not unique problem faced by just you. Even I encountered a problem on while watching a movie on my Apple TV, rest all works fine. Whenever I go on to watch a movie from iTune the loads and even starts perfectly. But the audio of the movie is not executed properly sometime I can’t even hear any volume. As far as I am concerned there is no problem with my audio device or any audio related parts because whenever I play music video, music trailer or internet radio or any music related item the audio runs perfectly. But the problem occurs only when I watch a movie.

I had problem while downloading a movie. But I am always doubtful regarding my download speed.
    Whenever I am suppose to download or view pictures or videos, it works fine for downloading the picture and for a 2 to 3 min of video it takes 1 hour to download from my picture to Apple TV. Now I am totally confused whether my downloading is working perfectly or there is some problem with it. Can anyone tell me what should I do know whether it’s normal or not?

Re: iTune takes a long time to load a movie on Apple TV

Simple and the best solution to visit speedtest.net site on internet and perform a speed test, you need not have to do anything. Open the site click on the “start test” button and wait for the result.
    Even I tried, my download Speed is 9.84 Mbps and upload Speed is 5.05 Mbps.