Thread: PS2 vs Dreamcast graphics

PS2 vs Dreamcast graphics

Hello friends, i just wanted to know something about the difference of the graphics, where the Dreamcast is the 3 years older and PS2 is been latest then the Dreamcast. So i was thinking that it was been given the lifespam for the period of 5 years, then will it be capable as the PS2? So what you people have to say about it and i have done some of the searches about it and founded that there are both equal. So people tell me that what you think about it. Thank you.

Re: PS2 vs Dreamcast graphics

I would say that the PS2 is much more better graphics in the comparison with the Dreamcast, If it has done any changes and kept it for the longer then also it will be not able to come on the same level of the PS2. If you have checked the PS2 better then you will be notice that the media capacity advantage where the Dreamcast only supported CDs. So this was not notice about the both of them.

I wanted to tell that the Dreamcast uses the proprietary disc which is mostly know as the GD-rom or may be something else and it is what similar to the 1.2G. The media which is been used is used for the storing the game which do not improve the graphics at all. So PS2 is totally different and Dreamcast is different.

In the reference of the graphics i would surely vote for the Dreamcast, I believe that the Dreamcast is having the cleaner graphics which it is not seen in the PS2. If the PS2 have done more work, like the push more polygons then it has worked very much fine and better, i have tested both of them and founded that when i am trying to observe anything on the PS@ it is not seen proper but when i view the same on the Shenmue then it been viewed properly and also clearly.

I have the list of the PS2 game which are looking very nice and better then in the comparison with the Shenmue in the Dreamcast, if you get the chance to play the games like the God of War 2, Resident evil 4, Silent hill 3 and4, Metal Gear Solid 3 and there are plenty of the other game which are worked well and it has better graphics then the Shenmue. So i would say that better play the best game on the PS2 then say about it.

I also agree, i have played one or two games on the Dreamcast and i have founded that it is not worth to play the game on it and when play it on the PS2 it is very much better and proper graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubboy View Post
    I have the list of the PS2 game which are looking very nice and better then in the comparison with the Shenmue in the Dreamcast, if you get the chance to play the games like the God of War 2, Resident evil 4, Silent hill 3 and4, Metal Gear Solid 3 and there are plenty of the other game which are worked well and it has better graphics then the Shenmue. So i would say that better play the best game on the PS2 then say about it.
    I like it, you have given thelist of the game which are been very well on the PS2, i really like the Metal Gear Solid 3 which is been the one of the favourite game on the PS2 and Okami is the best game to play in the PS2. whenever you play you are in love with that and if someone who has not played that till now, then when play it will he will not able to move it eyes from there. I was very much impress with the visual effect in the Okami. I know that there are also couple of the other games whch are also best, but i have played this and liked it. So i would suggest the rest of the people to play the Okami see what a effect is there and also makes it the best.

I do not like the design of the PS2, the sony has been designed it differently and well someone has told that the PS2 should have more polygons, which was not seen during the time of playing, when you read the paper about PS2 then you will see that it was told that it will be having more polygons. I really like the Shenmue, it was been the best in the Dreamcast. It is was been top from past many years. If you compare with any of the game of the PS2 which were been made after 2005 then you will vote for the Shenmue.

The one thing which i liked about the Dreamcast is that it was having the built in online which is not been available in other console, so that is the thing which i mostly liked it.