Thread: can I use VLC to send video files through apple tv

can I use VLC to send video files through apple tv

I have windows7 installed on my PC and I am having a VLC media player on it, I have most of the movies in mp4 format and I want to know that it is possible to use VLC to send video files through APPLE TV, because all the movies are not in i-tunes format and I doesn’t want to convert them as it is already in mp4 format, and if its not possible to use VLC then please recommend me some another software to send video files through apple tv.

Re: can I use VLC to send video files through apple tv

I am also planning to buy apple tv but I am confused whether it is possible to use VLC to stream movies through apple tv, because I am using vlc as my standard players for movies and DVDS, if anyone knows then please help me to get out of this confusion.

I think you cannot use VLC to stream movies through apple tv because the apple tv doesn’t accept streams from any other software , you have to use i-tunes to stream movies through apple tv,

You cannot directly use the VLC to stream videos through apple tv , but you can use a third party application for this , you can use VLC streamer which allows you to stream movies from your computer to apple tv or any other i-device. You can download the VLC streamer from i- tunes.

I would like to recommend you to download Airflick from itunes store ,this will allow you to stream content from your mac PC to your APPLE TV. And I think you cannot use VLC to strem videos to apple tv because the vlc had conflicts with apple store policies some time ago ,and from that time it is not updated, so it is better for you to use any other application .

I am not having too much knowledge about apple tv , but I would like to recommend you that you just make contact with the apple support communities they will help you relating this issue and lets you know whether there is any third party application available or not and this will help you lot to get out of complex conversion.