Thread: Is there a way to stop Android from calling home?

Is there a way to stop Android from calling home?

I am using a Android phone and I think that you all might have been aware of the news regarding the “Apple, Google Receive Phone Users' Locations” and now I am willing to stop Android from calling home but then I don’t have much idea about it and have not yet found a solution to do so. Is there anyone who can help me out?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Is there a way to stop Android from calling home?

I am using a Android phone and I think that you all might have been aware of the news regarding the “Apple, Google Receive Phone Users' Locations” and now I am willing to stop Android from calling home but then I don’t have much idea about it and have not yet found a solution to do so. Is there anyone who can help me out?? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Yes I am aware of it and I think that I can help you here, just follow the below steps to do the same:
    First go in to the Settings > Location & security and after that just uncheck the "Use wireless networks" option, this will not completely stop it so after this just do the below task as well.
    Juts block the below ones using the DroidWall:
    • Network Location
    • Google Services Framework
    • Google Calendar Sync
    • Google Contacts Sync
    • Disable the Kernel as well

I just wanted to share that if there is a need of any of the above ones then you can just enable them again and after you are done with it just disable them again, I think that this is the only effective solution that one can try out against the android calling home issue.

Yes you can very well try out the above solution as I have been doing the same I also wanted to add that with all of the above you can try out the following as well:
    • You can make use of a 3rd party navigation program which are local on the device for e.g. CoPilot
    • You can Sync data locally using MS Outlook through MyPhoneExplorer

The only thing that I am not liking is that I have to enable the access in DroidWall for the Network Location,Google Services Framework,Google Calendar Sync,Google Contacts Sync in order to use the android market.

If you want then you can also try out the Google removal script as well:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey guys thanks for the quick reply, I will try to do the same and will let you know if I am able to avoid it or not, I really appreciate your help.

I am just hating it since the day I have came 2 know about this, I was thinking of not using the phone itself, I don’t know how come they can do this and why is it legal as well, I have been looking a effective solution for the same but then I have just found some ways to avoid the same and they are really not enough to stop it,I just wanted to know if the cooked ROMs can also be used to track our location??? I have been posting this question on a no of forum but then I have not yet found a straight answer for it. Is there anyone who can answer me??

I think that doing the below things can stop the phone from tracking the location:
    • First block the above connection i.e. “Network Location,Google Services Framework,Google Calendar Sync,Google Contacts Sync” to Google's servers from the Droidwall
    • Try to avoid system from saving your locations and so
    • If possible you can also overwrite the file with zeroes i.e. faking the actual data that are sent
    • Disable the AGPS as well

Hey you can also try out these:
    • Location Spoofer
    • Privacy Blocker

You can get download from the appbrain site, I have been using Privacy Blocker for myself and I think that it is one of the best tool that one can try out.