Thread: Is it possible to Porting Android OS to Sony Ericsson Satio?

Is it possible to Porting Android OS to Sony Ericsson Satio?

Hi guys

I have Sony Ericsson Satio mobile phone and this is really great phone. I really adore this phone but there is one thing that I think that add this phone to even best phone , is it can be ported to the Android OS . I have looked various websites but not able to find any result on this. Seems to be achievable to me but somehow I am unable to found the method to do that . So is there anyone here can help me to known the technique I would really would be glad to know that.

Please guys I would very thank full

Re: Is it possible to Porting Android OS to Sony Ericsson Satio?

Yeah even me I am dejected with Symbian s60 OS on my Sony Ericsson Satio and there is this hopes that, possibility of getting Android for this phone. But how I don’t know

Is there any technique that I can install Android OS on it or any a new installation on top of the previous Symbian OS?

No buddy, Android is an operating system that runs on a strong hardware .So u simply can’t do it as a result of Satio only supports java n Symbian. Satio isn't android supported it only works on java and Symbian platforms

Hard to achieve

Android is open source and might be changed to suit several devices. Firmware and hardware drivers are most often not created readily accessible mostly not the source code. Android will not run on a device with no drivers for that specific device, thus this implies that you just cannot simply gather the code for Android and run it on your phone.

Android could be a totally different operating system than different phone platforms for instance, as dissimilar as Ubuntu and Windows 7 for the computer. this implies that though you've got WP7 drivers for your device, those drivers will not work on Android. you'll need to change those drivers to be compatible with Android, and you will have to be compelled to reverse-engineer lots of code. this is often terribly tough and time-consuming, and generally even a team of individuals have very little success with it. Even obtaining a brand new version of Android to run on an Android phone will be laborious.

It will not simply be a case of putting in from the source, the internals of this phones are totally different enough from the internals of most Android phones that you're going to got to port the OS, hardware drivers and a lot of stuff.

This is undoubtedly tough . Mobile operating systems aren’t a bit like a pc where you'll be able to install any OS you wish. it's firmware files were it's system files for the camera, the screen, the buttons of the phone and etc. The OS should match the phone’s specifications.

Is this possible look as if some tutorials regarding on how to install android on Nokia N8 plus couple of another however n1 these technique work on Satio owing to the os being that old. Has anybody tried flashing the Satio with x10 gdfs? That should make sues recognize it as a x10 and install x10's android on it in theory