Thread: Can I replace the Toshiba Qosmio X505-q860 LCD Screen

Can I replace the Toshiba Qosmio X505-q860 LCD Screen

Hello friends, i want to replace the LCD screen of the Qosmio X505-q860 with the X505-Q880 18.4" FHD LCD screen, so does anyone know that it can be done and also it works properly with it or not. So please tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Can I replace the Toshiba Qosmio X505-q860 LCD Screen

I think you might be doing the replacement of the screen because you wanted to have the 1080p, so let me tell you that you do not change the screen but you change the video card of the laptop, as the video card control the resolution, so it is of no use to change the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajitey View Post
    I think you might be doing the replacement of the screen because you wanted to have the 1080p, so let me tell you that you do not change the screen but you change the video card of the laptop, as the video card control the resolution, so it is of no use to change the screen.
    No my friend, the screen is having the native resolution which it is been in-built and also most of the screen are been depended on the source resolution, you can check about it, there is the information which will be helpful for you to understand.

I wanted to tell that the graphics card which is been there in the laptop are capable to run on the higher resolution. If you have purchased the 24" LCD screen and you set the resolution at the 1920x1200 then also it will worked for you. The user is asking that he can replace the screen from the present using to the FHD screen. So it is not related to the graphics card in that.

I think that it is been possible to do it if the FHD screen is having the native resolution higher. If you are able to find such type of the screen then there might be no problem in doing that and also you will be able to enjoy.

I also agree with the point which the above have told about it. I have also done some of such thing, i am using the 24" monitor and i am able to run at the higher resolution. I would suggest that you should for the swapping of the screen which will be the best. I know that the graphics card which is been used in the laptop are having the capabilities to run till 2048x1536 resolution even it go more than that if there is Nvidia 3D vision in it. If the Nvidia 3D vision is been there then it has the power to run more than 2 monitors with total of 6k+x1080. So you better do the swapping.

Yes you can do the replacement of the screen and also it will worked fine for you, as i have tried it and it has worked very much fine for me. I have done with the LCD of my laptop, so when i have done it and mostly i have done on my own, so you can do also make sure when you do replacement then there should not be any defective thing in the new screen. I want to share the monitor/LCD are been very much limited to the resolution part, whereas the graphics card are been concern they are very much comfortable with such thing.

I wanted to say that if you are doing the replacement then you better do it from the X505 model only, if you go to some other model then it might be little problem for you and also you will not fitted properly.

You can do the replacement of the screen and it will work properly for you, so there is no worry about it. The graphics card which is there will be very much supportive and also you just need to keep it up-to-date so that you will be able to get more clarity.