Thread: Can i play Dragon Age 2 on toshiba Qosmio with NVIDIA GTX 460

Can i play Dragon Age 2 on toshiba Qosmio with NVIDIA GTX 460

Hello friends, I wanted to know that will i be able to play the Dragon Age 2 on the toshiba Qosmio laptop which is having the NVIDIA GTX 460 graphics card in it. I really wanted to play and i wanted to set the graphics on to the maximum setting and play it. So it is possible to play or not. Just tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Can i play Dragon Age 2 on toshiba Qosmio with NVIDIA GTX 460

If the drivers of the Graphics are been updated to the latest then you will be able to play the game. You will be able to play when the drivers of the graphics, if it is not then you will be not able to play at the maximum setting. So you check that.

Yes you can play the game in the maximum setting, so for that you need to follow some of the steps which are been as follow,

• Go to the NVIDIA website
    • Download the latest Beta drivers v270.51
    • Install the drivers on the Laptop (No need any tool to install)
    • Go to the Google
    • Search for the MSI Afterburner
    • Download the MSI Afterburner
    • Install it on the System,
    • When you are done with the installation then the 460m GPU will be overclocked to 780Mhz Core clock and 1350Mhz Memory Clock.
    • Now go to the game and start playing it.
    • Now the setting are been done to the maximum and you will be able to play it with better visuals.

Quote Originally Posted by robot.txt View Post
    Yes you can play the game in the maximum setting, so for that you need to follow some of the steps which are been as follow,

• Go to the NVIDIA website
    • Download the latest Beta drivers v270.51
    • Install the drivers on the Laptop (No need any tool to install)
    • Go to the Google
    • Search for the MSI Afterburner
    • Download the MSI Afterburner
    • Install it on the System,
    • When you are done with the installation then the 460m GPU will be overclocked to 780Mhz Core clock and 1350Mhz Memory Clock.
    • Now go to the game and start playing it.
    • Now the setting are been done to the maximum and you will be able to play it with better visuals.
    I do not think that is the best thing to do it and installing the drivers directly from the nVidia Site even the game is compatible with the card. So you think it is necessary to do it. Or should be go for the drivers which are been recommended by the toshiba itself. I also wanted to know does the temperature of the GPU increases or not. So can you please tell me about it, so that i can also try it.

If you play the game with the recommended setting then you will be able to get the visuals better and also you will be not have to do any changes in the setting or install extra drivers. I would suggest that you better update the driver from the toshiba itself, which will be the proper for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterO View Post
    I do not think that is the best thing to do it and installing the drivers directly from the nVidia Site even the game is compatible with the card. So you think it is necessary to do it. Or should be go for the drivers which are been recommended by the toshiba itself. I also wanted to know does the temperature of the GPU increases or not. So can you please tell me about it, so that i can also try it.
    The drivers which you will download from the Nvidia website will be safe and causes no problem in the installing. If you install some of the hack drivers then you will be getting the problem with it. So the Nvidia is having the best and alsosafer drivers. I have played some of the 3D games on the Laptop then also it wss no issue, if you play with the hack divers then you will be getting problem with the fan and also GPU will be totally overheated. I have tired all those thing on my old laptop, so after that i have done some of the search google and make it happen. If you forced the setting to be used at the 825/1420+ then you will be able to ge the problem, so you keep it for 800/1400 and the temperature will be also remain normal. So i have tested and telling it, and those method will work and also you will be not getting the problem, so you also wanted to try then try it.

Overclocking the GPU is not worth, if you do it then you will be getting very bad performance and it will harm the system also. I have tried the overclocking of the GPU, but it was no used and GPU of my laptop was been burned. It was not been possible to make it work and get it fixed. So you love your laptop then do not do it. If you have any other spare laptop then you check it and you might get the idea about it.

Will i be able to play the Crysis 2 with the same setting which one of the user have told and there is no problem with the using of the laptop. So please tell me so that i can play.

Quote Originally Posted by TeesMaar View Post
    Will i be able to play the Crysis 2 with the same setting which one of the user have told and there is no problem with the using of the laptop. So please tell me so that i can play.
    The Crysis 2 runs very well on the smae setting and you have to do some of the minor changes to the settings of the GPU, you have to get it 1 notch down. If you have same laptop then it will be no issue and also it might worked for you. I have not played the game with all those setting, not getting the timpe to overclock the GPU, but then also i would suggest you can go for those setting and play it.

I have tried the setting for the Dragon Age 2 and the game runs very well on it, so i was trying for the other game which were the Crysis 1 and 2, i have played them, both of the games run very well and also there was no need of same setting it can be played at lower setting.