Thread: Webcam stopped working after updating BIOS in Toshiba Qosmio x505-q890

Webcam stopped working after updating BIOS in Toshiba Qosmio x505-q890

Hello friends in my Toshiba Qosmio x505-q890 laptop I have recently update the BIOS and after updating the BIOS all the things worked fine except webcam. I have tried to search the solution for this but I didn’t get any. Please help me tom solve this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Webcam stopped working after updating BIOS in Toshiba Qosmio x505-q890

Have you checked the webcam with software’s like Skype or yahoo messenger? If you have not checked then try to use webcam in your laptop with Skype or yahoo messenger and then you have to see whether web cam works or not? If it gives you the same problem then problem is with the webcam drivers. Try this trick to identify exact problem.

In my Toshiba Qosmio x505-q890 laptop I have tried to check all webcam with Skype and with Skype software also I was not able to solve this problem. I have also open device manager and webcam device does not appear in the device manager. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem. Thank you advance.

In your problem you have mentioned that you are facing this problem after updating the BIOS in your Toshiba Qosmio x505-q890 laptop and I think in your laptop webcam has disabled from the BIOS because many time when you update the BIOS at that time all the settings changes to the default settings and you need to open the BIOS setting in your laptop and after that you have to go to the system configuration and then you have to enable webcam from there and after that save that setting and restart laptop. Now after restarting the laptop you have to check whether your problem gets solved or not.

As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

I have open BIOS setting in my laptop and after that I have enable the webcam from the BIOS and after enabling the webcam from the BIOS I have save that setting and restart the laptop and all the things started working properly. I really appreciate your help.

i have the same problem, but i just cannot find "enable/disable" option in BIOS. SO, webcam does not work. Can anyone help me with this?

(btw. my laptop is qosmio x500)

Quote Originally Posted by lethorion View Post
    i have the same problem, but i just cannot find "enable/disable" option in BIOS. SO, webcam does not work. Can anyone help me with this?

(btw. my laptop is qosmio x500)
    What is the operating system you have installed in your toshiba laptop? Have you tried going to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software or directly download the latest driver from its manufacturer website?
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Quote Originally Posted by bon-z View Post
    What is the operating system you have installed in your toshiba laptop? Have you tried going to Device Manager, right click your hardware device in the list and select Update Driver Software; then click Search automatically for updated driver software or directly download the latest driver from its manufacturer website?

it is win7 home premium 64bit and the BIOS version is 2.90

And yes, i have tried to update driver software and i installed the latest driver but it just didn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by lethorion View Post
    it is win7 home premium 64bit and the BIOS version is 2.90

And yes, i have tried to update driver software and i installed the latest driver but it just didn't work...
    I would recommend you to install either the Vista driver or xp driver of the webcam in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver via Run as administrator.