Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

SD Card reader does not work in Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5938

Portable Devices

Old 05-01-2012

SD Card reader does not work in Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5938

I have Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5938 laptop and I am facing problem with the card reader in my lapop. I was able to use SD card with my laptop card reader but it has suddenly stopped working. I have tried to uninstall the drivers from device manager and reinstall it but I didnít find card reader in device manager. Please help me to solve this problem.

Old 05-01-2012

Re: SD Card reader does not work in Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5938

You should first try different Memory card with your laptop and after that you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. If you are getting same problem then there might be something wrong with your laptop and if you donít get the same problem then there is some issue with your SD card.
Old 05-01-2012

If you are able to use different SD card with your laptop then you have to insert your SD card any mobile device which have SD card slot or any other card reader and then you have to check whether you are able to see your contents or not. If you are able to see the contents then you have to take backup of all your data then you have to format the SD card and then try it in your laptop. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved. if you are facing the same problem with all the card then you should also try to solve this problem by reinstalling the drivers.

I hope you will be able to solve this problem after trying above tricks.
Old 05-01-2012

As you have said that you are not able to see the card reader device in the device manager and after that I have searched on the internet and I have come to know that in your laptop there is Realtek Card Reader to find this part in device manger you have to open the device manger first and then you have to look under the Disk drives option. First check this and then let me know what the result is.
Old 05-01-2012

Well I have tried different SD card with my laptop and I get same problem with different SD card also and after that I have contact the Toshiba support and tell them about this problem and after that they have told me to download the Realtek Card Reader driver from internet and install it in your laptop. Now after that I have searched on the internet for this drivers but I am not able find that.

Please tell me from where I can get Realtek Card Reader drivers.
Old 05-01-2012

You have mentioned that you are not able to search the Realtek Card Reader drivers on the internet for your Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5938 laptop and that is why I will help you with this. You can download the drivers by clicking here DOWNLOAD. After that download it in and then install it and see whether it makes any difference or not?
Old 05-01-2012

Thank you do much for helping me. From your given download link I have downloaded realtak card reader drivers and after that I have installed that in my laptop and after installing that in my laptop I have restarted laptop and then card reader started working fine.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , ,