Thread: what is the meaning of sim card registration fail?

what is the meaning of sim card registration fail?

Hi, I am using Samsung ace cell phone, many times I get message on my mobile that sim card registration fail but when I restart my mobile the sim get working. I don’t know what exact the problem is but I have experienced this many times, so can any one tell me what is the meaning of sim registration fail?

Re: what is the meaning of sim card registration fail?

The sim registration fail message occurs when the service provider blocks your service or when someone calls costumer care and tell to block the sim by reporting it that it has stolen or lost.

Yap, had same problem I bought second hand N 95 from ebay. And after using mobile for 3 day my sim registration was failed so I called to costumer care and ask for reason then they told that the sim I block by original owner of you phone. And this was done by tracing IMEI number. So I had to return the phone to the owner who had complained that the phone was stolen.

Other reason for sim registration fail is that after your sim activation if the company won’t receive your document within a week then the block your sim.

Had received this sim card registration fail message when I was forgotten to pay my bill. After that when I called to costumer care from other sim of same network they told me about my pending bill.

Many times this message also occurs dew to faulty sim card in this problem you have to contact to your service care department. They give will you other sim card having same number.

I had same problem of sim registration failed last week this was due to I entered PUK code wrong 10 times and my sim got blocked and after that when I contact to costumer care they told that they will provide me with the same number and I had to submit all the documents again, but the bad part was that I would not get my contacts again.

Thanks for your information, i guess my problem of sim card registration fail must be faulty sim, and I have to contact to the customer service department and get new card.