Thread: Toshiba Qosmio X505 laptop with Blu Ray Burner?

Toshiba Qosmio X505 laptop with Blu Ray Burner?

hello everyone, it was announced about the specifications of the Toshiba Qosmio X505 laptop that it will contain the Blu Ray disc drive including the Read and Write Burner. But now I see the specifications then it is only showing the Blu Ray ROM. Suddenly what has happened that they have changed their decision?Is this possible that I can upgrade a ROM to a Burner? Need Suggestions about this….Thank You..

Re: Toshiba Qosmio X505 laptop with Blu Ray Burner?

I may not be able to tell you exactly that you can be able to upgrade the ROM to a Burner because i don't know anything about the upgradation.

I have recently purchased the Toshiba Qosmio X500-10T and it has a Blu Ray Burner but I have not inserted a CD and checked that really it is a Burner or a ROM. Thank You…

As I saw this discussion I would also like to say something about this. Yesterday I received my Toshiba Qosmio X505-S1801 laptop and I believe that I was told that I would get a BluRay Burner. But then I found that there was no Blu Ray Burner.
    I also found on the site where there was written that the similar model which were sold in the UK had the Blu Ray Burners but they did not have the other features which our model have...The laptop is good in all aspects but then why they have told that we would be getting a Blu Ray Burner?

I am not satisfied through your comment because I have never seen a site saying that the models which were supplied to the UK are having the Blu Ray Burners. Also the option of the up-gradation from the ROM to Burner is not given by the Toshiba.
    My friend have a Sony Laptop and when he tried to upgrade the ROM to the Burner the results were that the burner was running with only the 4X speed.
    I usually make the use of the Burner of my PC. And that is the reason why I am never concerned to get the Blu ray Burner for my Qosmio X505 laptop….HeHe

sad Re: Toshiba Qosmio X505 laptop with Blu Ray Burner?

The video which I saw on the October was of the Qosmio X505 laptop with Blu Ray Burner posted by the Toshiba. In that video one of their co-worker was giving the explanation about the laptop and he told that the laptop has the Blu Ray Burner. But now I search that video then it is unable to see. I don’t know where has the video gone?
    I think that was a fake information given to publish the laptop….

Yes, I have too seen that video which stated that the Toshiba Qosmio X505 laptop has come up with the Blu Ray Burner. But it was written that the product was out of the stock and we will have to visit some site to buy that. The price of that laptop with the Blu Ray Burner was also high as compared to our normal Qosmio X505 laptop. The cost of that laptop was something around $2,999.
    Thank You…..Hope this helps you……

I think is that the re-seller is the faulty person not the Toshiba. The re-seller must not have the complete information about the product and he might have posted the specifications of the product to which he was unclear. He should have written that the laptop is having the Blu Ray ROM and DVD SuperMulti drive with Labelflash instead of the Blu Ray Burner. This issue is with many people who have ordered the laptop.