Thread: Unable to get sound after connecting TOSHIBA SATELLITE A505 with TV via HDMI

Unable to get sound after connecting TOSHIBA SATELLITE A505 with TV via HDMI

In my TOSHIBA SATELLITE A505 laptop I have windows 7 operating system and I am facing problem while connecting my laptop with my LCD TV though HDMI. Normally whenever I connect my laptop with TV through HDMI at that time I get sound from TV but it has suddenly stopped giving sound from TV. Now I get sound from the laptop only. Please help with this.

Re: Unable to get sound after connecting TOSHIBA SATELLITE A505 with TV via HDMI

I have read your problem and I will first suggest you to try different HDMI cable and after then connect your TOSHIBA SATELLITE A505 laptop with your LCD TV and after connecting that you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. If you don’t get same problem then there is something wrong with your HDMI cable.

Re: Unable to get sound after connecting TOSHIBA SATELLITE A505 with TV via HDMI

I will suggest you to connect your TOSHIBA SATELLITE A505 laptop with different TV and then you have to check whether you are getting same problem with that or not. If you face the same problem after connecting the TOSHIBA SATELLITE A505 laptop with different TV then might be problem with the laptop. You should check all the settings related to the sound in your laptop because wrong setting can also creates this type of problem. In your laptop you have started this problem suddenly and that is why I will also suggest you to try to solve this problem by doing system restore and after trying that check whether it makes any difference or not. i hope this solution will be helpful for you.

According to me you are facing this problem because RealTek HDMI Output is not enabled in your laptop. You should first enable the RealTek HDMI Output in your laptop and after enabling that you have to check whether you are getting sound after connecting the laptop with TV or not. I think you will get sound after trying this solution.

To enable the RealTek HDMI Output in your laptop you have to follow these steps.
    • First you have to right click on the sound icon on the system tray.
    • After that you have to select the playback device from there.
    • After doing that you have to select RealTek HDMI Output
    • If it is disabled then you have to enable it and after that your problem will get solved or not.

Many times you will not get RealTek HDMI Output option does not appear after right clicking on the sound icon and that is why I would like to tell you that when you right click on the REaltak sound icon from the system tray at that time you will see the show disabled device option and after that you have to click on that and after that you will get the RealTek HDMI Output option.

I will suggest you that you should also check all the setting in your LCD TV. Ion your TV you have to check whether there is any option related to the Sound or not. If there is any option related to the HDMI then you have to see whether all the things are OK or not. May be this solution will be helpful for you.

Well I have open sound setting in laptop and after that I have enabled the RealTek HDMI Output from the sound setting and after enabling the RealTek HDMI Output also I was facing same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by trying different HDMI cable but that does not help me to solve this problem. Now please tell me what should I do ro get rid of this problem.

If none of solution helps you to solve this problem then you have to open device manager in your laptop and after opening the device manager in your laptop you have to uninstall sound drivers and after that you have to restart the TOSHIBA SATELLITE A505 laptop and after restarting the laptop you have to insert driver installation CD and then you have to install the drivers in your laptop and after installing the drivers you have to check whether not makes any difference or not. You can also try to solve this problem by updating the sound drivers in your laptop and after updating the sound drivers in your laptop you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

Yes reinstalling the sound drivers can solve this problem. I am suggesting you this because I was also having same problem and then I have also tried same solution and after that I have reinstalled audio drivers and then all the things started working like a charm.