Thread: How to connect the Motorola phone to the computer that won’t get recognized by Motorola Phone Tool.

How to connect the Motorola phone to the computer that won’t get recognized by Motorola Phone Tool.

I have been using the Motorola w322 renew phone. I tried connecting it to the phone tool but it shows the error in connecting to the computer. I have also edited the detect.inf file so that it will help me connect but it didn’t. There is no entry for my phone in the phone tool. How can I connect my phone now? Please help? I have installed the correct drivers still it is showing the problem!

Re: How to connect the Motorola phone to the computer that won’t get recognized by Motorola Phone Tool.

why don’t you try updating the phone’s driver and Motorola phone tool. Sometimes there are no proper phone tools available for phones, so you might need to wait till the correct tools are available for your model.

Re: How to connect the Motorola phone to the computer that won’t get recognized by Motorola Phone Tool.

I don’t think phone tool will support the “renew phone”! Try this:
    1. Start your phone tool and go to communication.
    2. Now select the modem exchange option.
    3. Choose Motorola.
    4. Now you will see two lists there. 1st will show network type. 2nd will show the model no.
    5. Select the proper network type i.e GSM/CDMA and model no from another list.
    6. If you are not able to see your mobile model no listed there that means there are no version of phone tool available for you mobile phone. It might be the case that you have installed the driver that are not compatible with it.

if you can’t connect your phone using Motorola Phone Tool then don’t worry there are other software through which you can connect it to the computer. E.g.: MobilEdit , cellsync etc.
    These are the alternate clients that will help you connect your mobile.

I tried both software you mentioned above here, the problem I am having is that it asks for the driver which even I don’t have! I think I need to try other driver for Motorola with the same phone or find some driver that doesn’t show proper hardware name.This is really being headache for me! from wherewill I get it now?