Thread: Sony Ericsson W8 (E16i) automatically restart

Sony Ericsson W8 (E16i) automatically restart

Hello friends, i am having the problem with the Sony Ericsson W8 (E16i), whenever there is any application on the phone is been hag then it restarts and when there is problem with the connectivity problems then also it does. So i wanted to know that it fine what is happen and there is no problem with the phone hardware. So please give me your opinion about it. Thank you.

Re: Sony Ericsson W8 (E16i) automatically restart

I would suggest you that when ever the problem occurs like the application hang so you remove the battery of the phone and place it back and start the phone. It should restart automatically, there might be some fault in the handset. You should always remove the battery and insert it again and start.

I think you might have connect the phone with any of the system, PC or the laptop of yours, then it have some sort of the virus in the phone, which is doing such kind of action when running application.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsiniI View Post
    I think you might have connect the phone with any of the system, PC or the laptop of yours, then it have some sort of the virus in the phone, which is doing such kind of action when running application.
    Yes you are correct i have connect the phone with my Dell laptop via bluetooth, i have purchased the past a week ago and getting the problem after connecting to the laptop. I wanted to transfer some of the files from the laptop to phone, so i think during that process it might be corrupted by the virus and giving me such problem, i have very clean system, there is no virus in the laptop and did not got the problem with the other phones. So i don't think it will be due to virus.

I would suggest that you better do the Software Repair of W8, the restart problem which you are getting might be of low RAM, such that you might be running to many application on it and RAM has been come low, due to which it might get restart. You get exit from all the application which you are using, use the back button to exit not the home button, if you select the home button then the application are been running in the background, this what happen in the Android OS

You better use the USB cable to connect the phone to PC/Laptop and also use the PC Companion for it for easier transfer of the files and other things, so you download that on the PC, you can go the below link get it for you now. The below link is for the Xperia X8, but X8 and W8 are almost the same and you can use it. Do not have to worry about it.

PC Companion

The automatically restart which is been happening daily is not good enough, if it would happen once a week or a month then it might be fine. I would suggest that try to repair your phone with the PCC or Update Service, if not have done it then you do it, it repair the problem of the phone and you might get the latest update for the phone also.

You get your phone repair from the Sony Ericsson service center, there is some kind of the problem with the software, i am also using phone and running many application at the same but it is not happening with me.