Thread: Sony Ericsson W8 (E16i) is not there in sony ericsson website dropdown option

Sony Ericsson W8 (E16i) is not there in sony ericsson website dropdown option

Hello friends, i am having the Sony Ericsson W8 (E16i) phone and i was thinking to get some new updates, so visited the nosy Ericsson website and sign to my account over there, so going to download section i have to select the model of the phone (i have register on the website with my earlier Sony Ericsson phone) so to change the model then i was not get the W8 (E16i) in the list. I have checked earlier then also it was not there. The website has not been updated yet, and why there is not all the model of the Sony Ericsson. When will the Sony Ericsson will update the list. Does anyone else has also got the same problem and what you think about it. Thank you.

Re: Sony Ericsson W8 (E16i) is not there in sony ericsson website dropdown option

I think that the region which you are have select might not have the model in the list and also you might have placed the order of the phone from some other country or region, try to move to the other region you might get the model in that list.

Re: Sony Ericsson W8 (E16i) is not there in sony ericsson website dropdown option

I have place the order for it on the eBay and i have the USA region select for my profile, then also the phone is not been shown in the list, the list of the phone model is not been update. So i am not able to get the latest software for my phone due to that, once the list is been updated then i can get the software.

I have seen the same problem with the Asia Region (India) i am also not getting the same phone on the list and also i wanted to upgrade the software which are been made for the Android 2.2 and also it will run on the phone or not, but it was not been listed in the list, so can't do it. I was able to get the other phones and also was able to view and get the updates, so the site should be updated.

If you wanted the latest software update then you can go to the following link which for the W8 phones and it might be helpful for you.

W8 Walkman Phone Support.

The same phone is been not available on many other region also, they have not update the site properly, i think only some of the major region where the phone is been available and you have to wait or go to link to get the software update, if you are searching for the OS update then you might do not get any update about it. You will get the application update but not the Android OS for the phone, i was searching for it and founded there will not be any updates in Android OS version for Walkman W8.

If there is no updates for the Walkman W8 then it is not good, where you are getting the updates for the Xperia phones, there are been getting all the updates of the 2.2 OS, my friend have recently got it on the phone. I am also think to do switch over to the Xperia X8 which is really good phone and might get the latest updates on that.

The reason of the software update is not available for the W8 is that the hardware of the phone is not been suitable to support the update or latest thing, where the hardware of the Xperia X8 is been supportable for the update. I have searched about the OS update for the W8, then found that the developer have told that the user have to remain on the current Android platform which will be the best and also good for the phone. So whoever are using the W8 will not get the update, and you have to stick to OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Aachman View Post
    The reason of the software update is not available for the W8 is that the hardware of the phone is not been suitable to support the update or latest thing, where the hardware of the Xperia X8 is been supportable for the update. I have searched about the OS update for the W8, then found that the developer have told that the user have to remain on the current Android platform which will be the best and also good for the phone. So whoever are using the W8 will not get the update, and you have to stick to OS.
    Thanks for the inforamtion about it, i wanted to know that if i wanted to add some more application on the phone then it is possible to add or not. Will be there option to move the application on the SD card, as all the application are been stored on the phone memory. I think there should be update that which give you option to store or move the application to phone memory or to SD card. Is there any solution about it or not.

I have the method to update the Sony Ericsson W8 to Android 3.0 HoneyComb, so you wanted to do it then follow the steps:

• Download the ROM Manager from Android Market
    • Install the ROM Manager
    • Connect Sony Ericsson W8 to PC via USB
    • Download "hc_NS_test-8.1.zip" from the mediafire
    • Now copy the "hc_NS_test-8.1.zip" to the SD memory card of the phone.
    • Restart the phone in recovery mode using ROM Manager
    • When it is been started in Recovery Mode,
    • Go to ROM Manager and select backup/restore to back-up your information.
    • After that go to the Recovery Menu
    • Do the total data erase of the phone.
    • When the process is finished then go to Recovery Principal Menu.
    • Now select the Flash ROM from SD Memory Card.
    • Now search the "hc_NS_test-8.1.zip" and follow the instruction for installation.
    • When the installation is been completed then reboot Sony Ericsson W8 phone
    • When the phone is start you will have Android 3.0 HoneyComb on to it.

The website is having the W8 in the option list, i have checked it last night and i have the America region, so you also might get it, just check one more time and you will find it.