Thread: Cannot install Nokia C7-00 USB modem driver

Cannot install Nokia C7-00 USB modem driver

In my computer I have installed Nokia OVI suite and after that when I connect my Nokia C7-00 mobile phone at that time I get notification that it is installing drivers but while installing USN modem drivers it fails. I have tried to solve this problem by reconnecting the mobile phone but that does not help me to solve this problem. How to solve this problem.

Re: Cannot install Nokia C7-00 USB modem driver

According to me you have to first open device manager in your computer and after that you have to check whether there is any exclamation mark beside modem driver or not. if there is exclamation mark then you have to right click on that and then click on update drivers and after that it will update the drivers and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not.

If you have already tried to solve this problem by updating the drivers from the device manger and after that also if you are facing same problem then you have to remove the modem drivers completely from the device manager by right clicking on that and selecting uninstall and then you have to restart the computer. Now after restarting the computer you have to connect your Nokia C7-00 phone again with your computer and after connecting the mobile phone again with your computer and after that it will install the drivers again in your computer.

If you still get same problem after trying above solution then let me know.

I have solution to fix this problem.
    • From your PC you have to uninstall all the Nokia software’s.
    • After that you have to reboot your PC.
    • Now you have to download latest Nokia PC suite or OVI suite and then install in your PC
    • Restart computer again.
    • Launch PC suite or OVI suite whatever you have installed.
    • After that you have to connect your Nokia C7-00 and then check whether problem gets solved or not.

Many times reinstalling the software does not help you to solve this problem because of the registries and that is why you should download registry cleaner software and run that software and clean registry entries after uninstalling Nokia Software’s from the PC and then you have to install Nokia software again and then check whether same problem occurred or not.

I have tried the solution which you have provided and when I click on the update drivers at that time it does nothing and after that i have uninstalled the drivers and then installed it again but result was same. After that I have reinstalled Nokia OVI suite and problem get solved. In my computer when I connect Nokia C7-00 at that time it works fine but after sometimes it gets disconnected. Please tell me what should I do solve this problem?

Normally this type of problem occurs because of the power saving option of USB Root hub and to solve this problem you need to disable the power saving option of the USB Root hub and after trying this solution your problem will get solved. try this trick and then let me know what the result is.

If you want to disable power saving option then you have to do according to following steps.

• Open device manager.
    • Expand USB controller options.
    • Right click on the USB root HUB .
    • Select properties.
    • Go to the power management tab.
    • Uncheck power saving option from there.
    • Click on OK.

If you face same problem after trying this solution then you have to try different USB cable with your Nokia C7-00 mobile phone and then you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not. Many times due to USB cable also same problem can causes this type of problems.