Thread: How to manage podcasts on the Sony Ericsson W995?

sad How to manage podcasts on the Sony Ericsson W995?

Can anybody here tell me what is the method to manage the Podcasts on the Sony Ericsson W995? The problem is that when I access my Podcasts by selecting the option then my phone shows me only the display pictures instead of the information of the latest updates. I have seen on many forums that there is a general discussion about this topic but the solutions are missing. I like to listen the Podcasts which is on my mobile but the main problem is that I cannot be able to see the exact scheduling of the Podcasts that I have. They are only shown when they appear to be seen on the Ticker. Can anybody suggest me a solution for this issue? Need Help……

ThumbsUp Re: How to manage podcasts on the Sony Ericsson W995?

Its true that when you select the Podcasts option you will get only the photo of that podcast displayed on the Screen. But when you again press the select option then you will be able to see the list of the latest updates on your screen, This is what I do… You can try this if you want…

sad Re: How to manage podcasts on the Sony Ericsson W995?

Appreciated by your answer...I am somehow trying to manage my podcasts but I am not much more happy with that.
    Most of the radio as well as the audio podcasts are automatically downloaded by the phone. This downloaded audio seems to be appearing in my podcasts section and I am able to listen the music without any problem. When I use the Ticker then the main screen of the phone gives me the information about the latest podcast and also tell me whether it is available to download or not in my mobile. The only procedure I know to manage the RSS feeds is to go through these steps:-
    • Main Menu
    • Internet
    • Web Feeds

But the problem is that when I go to the web feeds it gives me only the latest picture in the menu list. The other relavant update information doesn’t seems to be appearing. I cannot download from this list….
    Any suggestion.....

smile Re: How to manage podcasts on the Sony Ericsson W995?

You Wrote:
    • Main Menu
    • Internet
    • Web Feeds
    You can try with this:-
    • Main Menu
    • Media
    • Web Feeds

This gives me the information about the latest web feeds on the podcasts through which I can be able to download the podcasts manually.
    This downloaded then seems to appear in the following :-
    • Main Menu
    • Media
    • Music
    • Podcasts

sad Re: How to manage podcasts on the Sony Ericsson W995?

Thank You for that suggestion. I have tried with that also but there is only the latest photo in the menu list. Nothing else. It does not give me the option to manually download the music on the podcasts.

Is there any other alternative so that I will be able to manage the podcasts?

Re: How to manage podcasts on the Sony Ericsson W995?

If you have problem with the above method in downloading the music on the podcast then there is only 1 method that can solve your problem. That method is of updating the software that you are using. I think the problem might also be with the software that you are using.
    Try to update the software that you are using…
    Hope this helps......

I don’t know what is the problem but I have the latest software running in my phone . As you are saying that there might be the software issue then I will try to reset the software.
    Can anyone suggest me which is the good software for managing the podcast in my mobile? Any suggestions would be appreciated....

I have the gPodder installed in my phone which gives me the correct downloading and this also manages the podcasts for me. This is the best software I have ever seen for podcasting. I have downloaded many music files with this software and added to the podcasts of my phone. You can download this software if you want..…

Hope this helps you in getting the solution for your question…

smile Re: How to manage podcasts on the Sony Ericsson W995?

Thank You so much for that comment. I will surely try to download this software and install this on my mobile. Thanks for giving the suggestions guys. It was helpful to me.