Thread: Battery dead in Sony Ericsson W508 and cannot be charged

sad Battery dead in Sony Ericsson W508 and cannot be charged

Hello everyone, I am facing the problem with the battery of the Sony Ericsson W508. The problem is that the battery of my phone appears to be dead. Even after I charge the battery of the phone then it is not turning on. Then I thought that there must be some issue with the charger so I connected my phone with the PC.Still, it is not turning on. I think that there might be some issue with the metal contact where the charger is connected because when I used to listen the music, I have to adjust the pin of the headset up and down in order to hear the sound clearly. Sometimes, i even used the needle to scratch the metal contact and it works but only for the temporary. I want to ask that can the metal contact be repaired if it has been damaged? Or is there some other alternative to charge the mobile? I am using this phone past 1 year and still this is my favorite phone….. Any suggestions???

Re: Battery dead in Sony Ericsson W508 and cannot be charged

Most probably I would like to tell you that you should give your Sony Ericsson W508 phone to the Local Sony Ericsson. They are the best to know what is the problem with your phone.Don’t try to use any kind of material to scratch the metal contact without prior knowledge because it could lead to the major problem with the connectivity pf the phone… Thank you..

Thank You for the suggestion but I have a question that , could the Sony Ericsson Team would fixed the issues because I have seen many of my friends phone have been serviced at the Local service center of the Sony Ericsson and the problem still occurs in there phone….

Well, as far as I know the Sony Ericsson Local Service Center is the best to tell you what is the main problem associated with the phone after they evaluate the phone completely. I am sure that they can be able to fix your phone’s issue as well.

The only thing I tell you before giving the phone is that take the backup of all your data that is stored in the phone because if you give the phone without backup then they will erase the data and your data will be lost…..Hope this helps…

Your suggestion was good but there is a problem. My phone’s battery is dead and I cannot charge it. So how can I be able to backup my data when my phone is not turning on…

Can you tell me some other method so that I can be able to backup the data? Thank you in advance for the answer…

ThumbsUp Re: Battery dead in Sony Ericsson W508 and cannot be charged

Hmmm,,,well it is not possible to backup the data stored on your phone when your phone is not turning on.
    Dont worry, I have another method, ask to some of your friends that they can be bale to give the charged battery so that you can be able to access the phone… Hope this helps you…

smile Re: Battery dead in Sony Ericsson W508 and cannot be charged

Really Appreciated ….That’s a great idea from your side...
    I was thinking that why this idea didn’t came in my mind… I will surely try to manage a charged battery with one of my friends and have the backup of the data of my phone.

sad Re: Battery dead in Sony Ericsson W508 and cannot be charged

I too have the Sony Ericsson W508 Walkman phone and the problem is that the phone is not turning on. I tried with purchasing the new charger and connect that charger to charge the battery but still it is not working.

Even I tried to place the charged battery in my phone which I borrowed from my brother but still the phone is not working.. Any idea how to turn my phone on? I don’t want to lose the data in my phone….Any suggestions would be appreciated...
    Thank You for advance suggestions…

I don’t think so there is any kind of solution then except giving the phone to the Local Sony Ericsson Service Center..
    I am Sorry to say but you have to lose your data since the Service Center erase the data by formatting the phone first. You should have taken the backup of your data before. Really sorry for you……

sad Re: Battery dead in Sony Ericsson W508 and cannot be charged

What all my data would be lost? Very disappointing. I want that data because there are lots of the pictures and music in my phone but since you are saying that there isn’t any alternative then I somehow have to manage to give the phone to the Service Center then……So sad …….