Thread: unable to downgrade sony vaio VGN-FJ3SR/B.

unable to downgrade sony vaio VGN-FJ3SR/B.

I have just purchased new Sony vaio VGN-FJ3SR/B with phoenix BIOS. My current version of BIOS system is unable to change it with the default one. It gives a message that “New BIOS image is the same as current system BIOS, and BIOS will not be changed”. I tried by flashing from the st-d package but the situation is same. Kindly help. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: unable to downgrade sony vaio VGN-FJ3SR/B.

I came to know about your problem. I think you should download WinPhflash 1.6.5.6 and flash with this program. I think it will downgrade the BIOS easily. Give me your feedback when you get it right

Thanks dude but I tried to flash with WinPhflash 1.6.5.6 but I did not succeed. i activated the advanced settings to flash but it shows the message “Corrupted interface descriptors in the new BIOS file”. I was unable to found the platform signature in the interface. What should I do now????

You should use the force switch for downgrading. It will show the instructions of flashing phoenix BIOS in different threads.

It is not useful dude. I have tried but the following message comes :

• Phoenix Phlash16 Utility Version 1.4 Build 59a message: "Unable to open bios.ROM"
    • Phoenix Phlash16 Utility Ver. 1.7.0.0 (Phlash161700) message: "Platform signature Not found in the interface"
    • PhoenixPhlash Utility 4.0 Release 1.57 message: "File open failed on platform.bin".

Please help me it is very annoying and frustrating now.

Try to flash with a moded BIOS that it is actually same version as your current one. Try to force the older winphflasher to flash it in any circumstances and also try to disassemble the winphflasher. Give me your feedback If it works.

Yippee!! I solved this problem. I used debugger IDA Pro and standard winplasher from standard package and disassemble it. By using debugger I analyzed the f-ware procedure and bypassed it by zero-flag substitution. I am refrained from tension now. Thank u all for suggestions. I am admired.