Thread: how to get stable OC on HTC Desire

how to get stable OC on HTC Desire

I am using Samsung HTC Desire and I am now running CM7 (Cyanogen Mod 7). Everything is fine till now but this is not enough for me so I am planning for an over clocking.
    Used many programs and software but unable to get a stable OC, instead the phone hangs and reboots. What should I do to get a stable over clocking?

Re: how to get stable OC on HTC Desire

Try out installing a new kernel. But there is a problem with the kernel, while overclocking kernels most of the time the CPU gets undervolt. For the appropriate result you must know to change the vcore of the CPU manually.

Yeah you are right the kernel undervolt while over clocking. I noted down the over clocking reading and what I found was a constant reading after a specific increment as follows:-

998mhz
    1036mhz
    1075mhz
    1113mhz

After going up to 1036 I tried to go above but it got locked up. Any other solution how to go on with the overclocking? At what level we can say that the kernel is over clocked.

I am a user of HTC thunderbolt with CM7 running in it. Even I was in a need of over clocking as consulted many people. Then later on I installed a program called SetCpu along with another program called StabilityTest, I got both the programs for free from the market. StabilityTest helps you to check whether your over clocking is stabled or not. Adjust the clock at some point and then check the stability every time. It depends on you how high you need to over clock your device. I installed SetCpu just because it supported my handset, now I don’t have any idea about your. But I think I would work in yours too.

It’s quite surprising to know that I was unaware about the stability program. I just over clocked my HTC Desire to 1.5 ghz but never tested it for the stability. Now I understood the reason for my handset getting hanged again and again.
    Thanks friends for the information, I will definitely install the StabilityTest program and run it on my phone to check out the over clocking stability of my device, I will try to set over clocking on 1.3 ghz and check whether it behaves properly or not.

There is no issue with the model, the program SetCpu works the same and smoothly in almost all handsets at least I would say if the phone belongs to HTC model. I got my phone stabled at 1075 mhz and its working quite efficiently. I know it’s not that much as per over clocking but at least I can say that it has over clocked for my phone. I stabled my phone at 1075 mhz just because I have heard that if we run a CPU on a high frequency the CPU comes under over pressure and it doesn’t seem to be running smoothly which can result in a bitter experience. So don’t expect much while over clocking.