Thread: Sony Ericsson w8 can be upgrade to android 2.3/2.2

Sony Ericsson w8 can be upgrade to android 2.3/2.2

Hello friends, I wanted to know that the operating system of the w8 will be upgrade or not, presently it is having the Android 2.1, and on the other smartphone there are Android 2.2 or the latest 2.3, so will be there update for the os of the phone or not. I really wanted to have the 2.3 on the phone, so is there any method that i can get it. So please help me. Thank you.

Re: Sony Ericsson w8 can be upgrade to android 2.3/2.2

There is no update available till now for the w8, you have to use the 2.1 on the phone and you might get the update on the phone if there will be any, so you have to wait for the update to be available.

There is no udate to upgrade the phone os, but you can use the Custom ROMs method which is been used for the x8, both the x8 are w8 are similar so you can use that method, i have the step to do it, just follow it.

1. Install Flashtool
    2. Copy the .ftf files from the firmwares folder from the Flashtool.
    3. Now go to the flashtool and select the Flash button
    4. When you select the Flash button then you have to select the .ftf file firmware and click on OK.
    5. Now let the process to be done and wait for popup message,
    6. When you get the popup message then you have to Unplug your USB cable from the PC
    7. Then Power off your phone and plug the USB into the phone
    8. Press back button and keep your finger on button
    9. Plug USB cable into your PC whilst holding down the back button on your phone
    10. A green LED will appear then process will automatically detect your phone and start flashing
    11. When you get the message that founded a USB on the flash tool then you remove the back button
    12. If you got the Start Flashing message then it is working, if you are not getting then you try it again steps from step 4
    13. When the flashing is been done, you will get the message unplug/plug USB cable
    14. Then the process is be done

Now you can add the android 2.2/2.3 on the phone after doing the Flash of the phone and you will be able to get it. So you do the flashing of the phone, so yo better try it and get it.

There is no update for the w8, i have also tried to do the update the OS, it was not able to do it, i think the users of the w8 have to use the phone with android 2.1, so you have to use as it and you have no other option.