| || |
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Sony Ericsson w8 can be upgrade to android 2.3/2.2
There is no udate to upgrade the phone os, but you can use the Custom ROMs method which is been used for the x8, both the x8 are w8 are similar so you can use that method, i have the step to do it, just follow it.
- Install Flashtool
- Copy the .ftf files from the firmwares folder from the Flashtool.
- Now go to the flashtool and select the Flash button
- When you select the Flash button then you have to select the .ftf file firmware and click on OK.
- Now let the process to be done and wait for popup message,
- When you get the popup message then you have to Unplug your USB cable from the PC
- Then Power off your phone and plug the USB into the phone
- Press back button and keep your finger on button
- Plug USB cable into your PC whilst holding down the back button on your phone
- A green LED will appear then process will automatically detect your phone and start flashing
- When you get the message that founded a USB on the flash tool then you remove the back button
- If you got the Start Flashing message then it is working, if you are not getting then you try it again steps from step 4
- When the flashing is been done, you will get the message unplug/plug USB cable
- Then the process is be done