Thread: how to update Dell XPS Studio 1640 Bios through Phoenix Recovery

how to update Dell XPS Studio 1640 Bios through Phoenix Recovery

I am using Dell XPS Studio 1640laptop. I have tried to update BIOS in my laptop to A12 and after that it has started giving problems. Now when I start my Dell XPS Studio 1640laptop laptop at that that time it just shows flashing lights above laptop keyboard. Please tell me what should I do to fix this problem?

Re: how to update Dell XPS Studio 1640 Bios through Phoenix Recovery

It looks like there might be something wrong while updating the BIOS in your laptop and that is why I will suggest you to recover the BIOS by crating USB drive with the help of Phoenix Crisis Recovery software and after that you have to extract previous version of BIOS. Now after doing that you have to rename it with BIOS.WPH. after that try to recover BIOS and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

I hope after trying above steps you will be able to fix this problem. If you need any more help then let me know.

I was also facing same problem with my laptop and after that I have used Dell crisis BIOS recovery tool and with the help of that tool and I have successfully recover the BIOS. I think you should also try this solution and then let me know whether your problem gets solved or not. if you need any more help then let me know.

If you don’t know exact recover procedure then I will suggest to you top follow this.

• You have to first download the Dell Crisis BIOS Recovery with A11 BIOS file.
    • Now after that you have to make USB FLASH(Bootable)
    • After that you need to remove battery and then plug in USB.
    • After that you have to press and hold END button for 3 seconds and after that power LED of laptop and USB stick will start flashing.

Now after completing recovery process laptop will restart.

If you want to download BIOS A11 file then you can download the file from the official site of the Dell and then you have to search for the Dell XPS studio 1640 and then you have to select BIOS A11 option and then download it. After that you have to use the file with recovery tool and then create bootable USB. I hope this will be helpful for you.

I have tried to recover BIOS in my Dell XPS Studio 1640laptop with the help of recovery tool and extracted A11 BIOS but that does not help me to solve this problem. I have also tried Dell crisis BIOS recovery with no luck. Is there any other way to solve this problem then let me know

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You have mentioned that with the after trying to recover BIOS with the help of recovery tool you are still facing same problem and unable to use your Dell XPS Studio 1640 laptop and that is why I will first suggest you to try to recover BIOS with different version and if that idea does not help you then you have to contact Dell support and then tell them about your problem or you should visit Dell service center and after vesting the Dell service center you have to tell them about the problem which you are facing in your Dell XPS Studio 1640laptop.

After that they will give you proper solution regarding that.

Yes using different version of BIOS to recover can help you to fox this problem. I am telling you this because in my laptop I was also facing same issue and after that I have tried to recover BIOS with A04 and with that my problem get solved. You should try this solution.