Thread: Final Cut Pro X getting slower in the brand new Macbook pro

Final Cut Pro X getting slower in the brand new Macbook pro

As I have recently bought the brand new macbook pro for myself but as I’m trying to run the Final Cut Pro X it seems the macbook gets slower and some it even freezes at one of the level. So I want to know that has anyone came with the issue of the Final Cut Pro X running slow in the macbook pro. And do anyone have the reason why the FCP X is getting slow in the macbook pro.

Re: Final Cut Pro X getting slower in the brand new Macbook pro

Even I’m getting the same issue of Final Cut Pro X when using it in the macbook. Don’t know why it freezes down by just using the sounds, pics, videos. As every time I use this app after doing some of the work on it, the app get freezed up or slow down as which affects my work. So I want to know that I how can I get rid of this issue and do the work without getting interrupted.

As you are saying that the FCP X is hanging up while you are using it then for this I would like to know that how is the performance of the RAM because according to me the FCP X will hang only when the RAM free memory is running low.

As I have recently bought the brand new macbook pro for myself but as I’m trying to run the Final Cut Pro X it seems the macbook gets slower and some it even freezes at one of the level. So I want to know that has anyone came with the issue of the Final Cut Pro X running slow in the macbook pro. And do anyone have the reason why the FCP X is getting slow in the macbook pro.
    First thing I want to know is that what is the config of your macbook, because what I think is that the RAM you are using maybe low, as if you are using the Final Cut Pro X on your macbook then the RAM should be atleast 8GB and not less than that. So if you are having the RAM with lesser then the 8GB than I think you should try to upgrade your RAM.

For this I want to say that I have mentione in the above question that I have recently bought the macbook pro which have 8GB of RAM preinstalled then too I am facing this issue of Final Cut Pro X running slow on the macbook. Here are the config of my macbook which I bought recently.

o Display : 17” LED-backlit glossy
    o Processor : Intel Core i7 quad-core
    o Memory : 8 GB
    o Graphic Card : 1GB AMD Radeon HD 6770M
    o Storage : 750GB

I have noticed while using the FCP X on the macbook pro that it uses whole of memory and only has 500 mb of free memory even though it runs on 8 GB of RAM. And it consumes this much memory when not using the FCP X, if I start to use the app it still reduces the free memory and after some time it just stops responding. So is there any other solution for running the FCP X smoothly without getting freezed.

If you are having problem of macbook getting slow while running the FCP X though you have got the * GB of RAM then for will recommend you to buy the any memory free app from the app store.

As doing this will let you help with freeing some of the memory in the macbook due to which it will let you with freeing some of the memory which will not let macbook freezing up while using the Final Cut Pro X.

I have tried to solve somewhat with the issue of the FCP X and which doing this it is able to function it properly. So for those who are using the Final Cut Pro X on their macbook try to follow some of the steps and see that after doing this is there any change of performance of the FCP X app in your macbook.

1. First thing what you have to do is that go to the FCP X preferences in the import category
    2. Now in that try to create the optimized media and the proxy media and also make sure that they are checked before you import any images or the photos.
    3. As if you do not use the proxy media then it works as the actual media file which I think uses more memory and due to this it hangs up.

Actually I tried with the memory free app and it seems it is working and also have tried with the above solution and find that it works but still the performance is not quite smooth as it should have. But as saying goes it is better to have something rather than nothing. So it is better to adjust with the performance it getting after trying with the above solution rather than sitting on the fence and waiting to get fix by itself.