Thread: iPod touch 4G battery charging faster

iPod touch 4G battery charging faster

While recently got the upgrade for the iPod 4G to iOS 5.0.1 for which I was writing since long. But after getting update to the ios 5 what happened is that while keeping the iPod touch 4G on charging and after few minutes say almost 20 minutes when I unplugged the iPod from the charging and I saw that the battery was indicating 90%, but after working for an hour I have noticed that iPod battery drained quickly. So I would like to know that does anybody have faced this kind of issue or came across this issue.

Re: iPod touch 4G battery charging faster

I have recently updated the ipod touch 4G to ios 5 and I don’t see any such issue infact the ios 5 is much more better than the previous one. And the battery is also working fine, so for this I would say that my ipod touch 4G do not have any such issue of the battery.

I have seen this type of battery on many devices specially on the mobile phones. I have seen many a times that while keeping the phone on charging and remove it after few minutes (say 25-30) I see the battery shows full . So for this reason I would say that every battery indicator normally shows this but the thing is that the battery is not charged actually and so when you use the device thinking of the battery indicating full but in actual case the battery is not charged as it shows it.

I want you to ask one thing that since when you are facing this type or have notice this issue. As if this thing happens after charging the full battery then I think you should try to check your battery as it might have been damaged.

Actually I am familiar with this type of things in the battery as I have read about this on many of the sites that you should only remove your device when it is fully charged. If you remove the charger from the battery in between may be it will indicate the battery with maximum charge percentage but it is not fully charge. So I would like to say that if you are having issue with the ipod 4G than it is not due to the upgrading it happens and for this I have already told you the reason for this.

I want you to ask one thing that since when you are facing this type or have notice this issue. As if this thing happens after charging the full battery then I think you should try to check your battery as it might have been damaged.
    For this I would say that I have notice this issue after the updating the ipod 4G to ios 5. Every time I charge the battery and unplug it after fully charging the battery then too it drains it easily within few hours(1-2). So I what I feel is that the iPod battery has been damaged and for this one my friend suggested me to contact the apple care for replacing of the battery with the new one.

Actually you should try doing this as it seems that there is a bettery damage and due to this are not able to charge the battery and also drains easily.