Thread: "Check signal cable" message appears after connecting Samsung T220HD LCD to laptop

"Check signal cable" message appears after connecting Samsung T220HD LCD to laptop

I am fed up with the small screen size of my laptop. For that reason I bought a new Samsung T220HD LCD monitor. I decided to connect this LCD monitor to my laptop as I heard that it is possible to do so.
    I am using a DVI to HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the monitor. If I am not mistaken as per my knowledge DVI connects to the laptop and HDMI gets connect to LCD monitor. Even after following this step, after starting I am receiving an error message box at the top most left end of the screen; it says “Check Signal Cable”. This box irritates and disturbs me a lot especially while I am doing some serious work on the screen.

re: "Check signal cable" message appears after connecting Samsung T220HD LCD to laptop

It must be due to the internal settings. You need to select the cable name and type both your LCD monitor and laptop for the successful connection. Try the following steps for the complete solution:

1. Go to Menu
    2. Scroll to Input
    3. Select Edit Name
    4. Then scroll to HDMI
    5. Select DVI pc as input name

After following these steps exit the Menu and then try connecting your LCD with your laptop and then access you system. Hope you will not find any error message on your LCD monitor screen.

re: "Check signal cable" message appears after connecting Samsung T220HD LCD to laptop

The same error message problem occurs in my lcd too. But I have one more major twisted problem which i face during the connection between the two. I always need to follow a lengthy useless procedure to get my LCD connected. Whenever I try to connect my LCD and laptop using a DVI to HDMI cable, the connection fails. I mean a black screen appears on the LCD. But I came up with an extra ordinary solution. First what I need to do is to connect my Xbox to the LCD using HDMI slot, use it for a while then turn off the Xbox, disconnect the connection and then plug in the laptop to the LCD using the HDMI cable into the HDMI slot. During this whole process I need to keep the monitor on and untouched. This procedure is helpful but not a suitable and appropriate one. Not yet encountered the real problem. Did anyone understand what exactly the problem is?

Sounds funny to me, how do you manage to follow these long unwanted steps just to connect your LCD to laptop? Anyways according to me the problem may lie in the laptop. The first reason is that every time you simply just try and connect different system but never changed the LCD. So definitely the problem may lie in your laptop and not in you LCD monitor. If the problem would have been in your LCD then definitely it shouldn’t have worked with you Xbox. Problem in laptop doesn’t mean that there is some major issue; I personally feel that the problem could be with the HDMI slot of your laptop. Sometimes it tends to happen that the slot flushes away or gets damaged. Show you laptop to any care center.

Yeah even I feel the same. The problem may be with the HDMI slot but I would not go on with the above solution. Instead of showing your laptop to the care center why don’t you try out some other cables instead of DVI to HDMI cable? I would suggest you to try DVI to VGA cable. if didn’t work try out something else before you decide to show your laptop to a care center.

re:

Did everything but nothing worked. I think the problem may be with the LCD. Its new and now a days it is possible that new devices and products creates problem. So now I have decided to first show my LCD to the service center. Can anyone let me know the customer care number or the official website of Samsung please?

I dropped the plan of connecting my LCD to my laptop as I spent over 2 days in the connection but the result is plain blank screen and nothing else. Many people told me that the problem could be with the slot or LCD or the laptop. Tried all possible ideas but nothing worked. I would suggest you to be with your laptop and enjoy.

Better you check out you catalog and warranty card and all other detail books of Samsung which you might have got along with the LCD monitor. Definitely you will get customer care details from there.