Thread: successfully installed android market on blackberry playbook

successfully installed android market on blackberry playbook

HI, i am having blackberry playbook and in which i have recently installed Android Market. But still the thing is like it just only works while you install a launcher and installing apps works just right, straightforward download and install as any other android device does. I would say rather than any other device this playbook is amazing ! in fact i am quite eager to have Ice Cream Sandwich update if possible. No doubt will post it over here as well.

Re: successfully installed android market on blackberry playbook

Wow, that’s quite amazing but still can you please let us know the stepwise procedure for installing android market in the tab?

Yeah why not, but for that you need to root your device and along with that there are certain tools that as well you have to download. Anyways see i have mentioned all the instruction for this.

- First of all i would like to recommend you that you should try to download the tools from here.

- Once the downloading completes Install the 2.0 beta on your PlayBook, and along with that if possible Root your PlayBook using the Dingleberry tool.

- After that Put your playbook into developer mode and add a password

- Now you have to open the folder called “Playbook_Tools” from the Tools folder.

- Open a notepad file and drag PB-Installer onto it.

- As you do that the file will be open and Edit the SET TABLET IP and SET TABLETPASSWORD to go with your settings and then Drag Launcher.bar over PB-Installer and let it run. And when complete your playbook should now have LauncherPro as an app icon appear on the screen.

- Once again In the Tools Folder go to the Installs Folder and install both puttygen and winscp435setup located in the folder itself. After done Load up Dingle SSH on Dingleberry.

- Open puttygen go to Conversion next Import key after that locate your Dingleberry folder and choose the rsa file and click Open.
    - As you completed with it,Save private key and click Yes and save it as playbook.ppk

- Open WinSCP now and create a New Login and copy all the information and Copy the system folder in the Tools folder onto the root of the playbook Now on the right plain go to system > app > and rename SetupWizard.apk to SetupWizard.apk.bak

- Subsequently go back to the dingleberry SSH Tool and type the following commands as mentioned below:
    “cd /apps/sys.android.XXXX.ns/native/scripts”
    *(XXXX will be different for each device press your “TAB key” to get the input)
    and run “./android-player-cmd.sh ./kill-android-core.sh”

- If everything works well you should see the Market Place in your apps page when you boot the the LaucherPro.

For the brief explanation regarding the same you can simply visit over here as well.

Hey thanks Looks good rather promising, but still i hope this will not make any difference in the performance after doing this.

Hey thanks Looks good rather promising, but still i hope this will not make any difference in the performance after doing this.
    Off course not, and what if something happens wrong you can always have a option to restore the factory default settings in your tablet.