Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 31-12-2011

How can I turn my TimeCapsule in to Media Server

As I?m thinking of converting my TimeCapsule to the media server but I would like to know what is the procedure of converting it. So do anyone from you have the idea about the converting it or have anyone tired doing this as I have read in one of the site for this as one of the guy had tried doing the same. So want to do the same for my TimeCapsule.
Old 31-12-2011

Re: How can I turn my TimeCapsule in to Media Server

Even I would like to know about this as I want to do the same and set-up as the wireless media server and get access from any corner of the room. So if you can elaborate the process of work than it would be really useful to me.
Old 31-12-2011

Anyone who are looking for the procedure of how you do it yourself then try the following steps down here :-

? Try to connect the Cable modem with the TimeCapsule in the WAN Ethernet port
? If you want to connect the Xbox 1 then connect it to the TimeCapsule ethernet port 1
? If you have the Xbox 2 then you can also connect to the TimeCapsule Ethernet port 2
? Now if you have the Mini Mac then connect the TimeCapsule Ethernet port 3
? For the plasma TV connect to the Minimac with the dvi or hdmi cable

But make sure that your are connected with the hard disk of the timecapsule now after connecting with it go to the system of the macmini and in that go to preferences -> System -> Accounts -> My Account -> Log now you should try dragging your TimeCapsule hard disk to the log items of the desktop. As doing this will load your hard drive automatically and this will happen after booting up.
Old 02-01-2012

As you have mention about the Xbox port, so I would like to know that can I connect the Xbox with the TimeCapsule.
Old 02-01-2012

If you want to connect your Xbox with the TimeCapsule then you can do the following by connecting with it. And for this you can even connect the multiple Xbox on the TimeCapsule.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,